Frozen vegetables recalled

Frozen vegetables recalled from Woolworths, Aldi, IGA supermarkets over listeria concerns

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-07-09/frozen-vegetable-listeria-recall-from-woolworths-iga-aldi-stor...

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

marwi5023
Community Member
The vegetables are revolting in more ways than one
Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

All the more reason to grow your own vegetables

Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

@lyhargr_0 wrote:

All the more reason to grow your own vegetables

Or buy Australian grown vegies instead of importing them from countries all around the world, many with dubious histories of food safety and hygiene..

Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

Good idea but much prefer to grow my own, I buy very little store bought vegies these days    .... I fully realise that not everyone can do this but for those who can, it's a much bette idea than buying the carp the supermarkets sell these days 

Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

Same goes for eggs, fruit etc, goodness know what chemicals are used on them these days

Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

Not an easy job buying Australian made food products.  Just yesterday looking at a can of Apricot Nectar which I used to enjoy at lunch with I first started working many moons ago.  Read the back of the can and made in Australian from local and imported ingredients.

Put it back on the shelf.

Disgusting we have to import any food items that are home grown in our beautiful country.

Then there is fish illegally being brought into Australia  and the importers who are in cohoots with Australian quantine and we are sold

this inferior product and officers from quarantine profiting.

Aren't we just mugs getting ripped off at every turn.   Petrol, energy, day to day expenses it just getting out of control.

Just on the radio this morning saying energy is costing some households more than their rental costs.

Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

Remeber when australia was busy signing agreements to create a 'level playing field' for imports and exports?

We were told 'dont worry' imported food will have to pass stringent tests to be sure its safe.

And we swallowed it!

these imported food recalls after problems have surfaced are almost a daily excercise these days.

how many aussie companys went to the wall unable to compete with cheap imports, so now its import or go without.

seems those tests have gotten really slack recently.

Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

marwi5023
Community Member
I found some Australian peanut butter the other day. It's made in New Zealand but proudly boasts "Australian peanuts" on the front
Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

Must be really good stuff 🙂

Message 10 of 12
Latest reply