Gardening advice please

I moved here because there was no gardening to do, but I have an empty space on the patio and have bought a few pots.

IMG_8740.JPG

They are plastic, 450 x 18.  I have given away all my gardening books, and would like to put some perennials in them.  I don't want to fiddle about with annuals.  Sub-tropics, afternoon sun.

I have herbs in terracotta pots.

Anybody have any suggestions?   TIA

Message 1 of 38
Latest reply
37 REPLIES 37

Re: Gardening advice please

@lind9650 wrote:

There was a time when Scouts and Cubs used to come around looking for jobs to earn some money they collected for charities. A Bob a Job it was called. I would gladly give a few dollars to a youngster to weed my bit of garden.

What are the Scouts and Cubs doing now to raise money? Or are they not interested any more to help others?

Erica

I have seen Scouts/Brownies in Supermarkets they stand at the end of the checkout and put the groceries in the bag for free or a donation. About 2 at each checkout with a Leader nearby. Probably see them do that about once a year.

I don't think they do much of the  going to help the elderly with small jobs anymore.. maybe insurance is a problem  these days (in case they get injured).

Message 31 of 38
Latest reply

Child protection.
Message 32 of 38
Latest reply

gleee58 wrote:  

Why?

Sour, like vinegar.   Exudes from the pores at every opportunity.

Message 33 of 38
Latest reply

Thanks everybody.   Geranium sp, or nasturtium (which should be free but are not), convolvulous, will look at succulents.  A research trip to the nursery is in order.  I will have to google if the labels are not clear, and sometimes they are just plain incorrect.  Wish I still had my books.

Message 34 of 38
Latest reply

True colours?
Message 35 of 38
Latest reply

Boiling water on weeds - I have been doing that a bit lately, not as soon as every weed pops up but it is quick to kill weeds coming up between pavers.

Message 36 of 38
Latest reply

@lind9650 wrote:

There was a time when Scouts and Cubs used to come around looking for jobs to earn some money they collected for charities. A Bob a Job it was called. I would gladly give a few dollars to a youngster to weed my bit of garden.

What are the Scouts and Cubs doing now to raise money? Or are they not interested any more to help others?

Erica

The last youngster who came to ask if I have some gardening for him to do for "bit of pocket money" then asked $50/hour!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  LOL

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Voltaire: “Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities” .
Message 38 of 38
Latest reply