Get to know you questions

1. What is your most unusual talent (burping the alphabet...)
2. What's something weird you recommend everyone tries at least once (keep it clean ๐Ÿ˜‰)
3. What will people say at your funeral?

4. Name one thing you have always wanted to do but haven't......YET! (Again, keep it clean ๐Ÿ˜Ž). Alright you don't have to stick to one

5. Life changing or profound moment/s

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

@11dustyattic wrote:

1. What is your most unusual talent (burping the alphabet...)
2. What's something weird you recommend everyone tries at least once (keep it clean ๐Ÿ˜‰)
3. What will people say at your funeral?

4. Name one thing you have always wanted to do but haven't......YET! (Again, keep it clean ๐Ÿ˜Ž). Alright you don't have to stick to one

Interesting that no-one is willing to bite on this one. I looked at it earlier and thought there's stuff here that I would prefer to keep private from an online forum. But to get the ball rolling I have got a couple for the last question.

At around 20 years of age I went on trek through Nepal. Our tour group was lucky enough to go on a new route that had not been opened up to tourists before. We saw many villagers living in single room mud huts. The kids would run around happy and smiling and the adults where friendly and cheerful. It made me realise that happiness is a state of mind.

You don't actually need a lot to live. A roof over your head and a few pots and pans to cook a meal. Despite what many here suggest, I am not particularly materialistic and don't have to have the flashest of everything, just to keep up with the Joneses ( Whoever they are ). In fact I,m probably the opposite. My clothes are full of holes, my house is modest and I keep my vehicles until they are totally worn out.

The other experience I had on this trip was a near death experience when a white water raft I was riding in partially capsized in rapids. The river was several hundred metres wide and running at full force after recent tropical rains. I was sucked to the bottom of the river perhaps 30 metres deep and bouncing along the rocks etc on the floor of the river. Apparently I was under water for a considerable time and travelled around half a kilometer underwater. I thought it was goodnight nurse and this was genuinely going to be the end of the party. I was perfectly calm, peaceful and unafraid. It has made me view death differently. I am no longer concerned about dying and treat my own mortality in rather blase fashion which most other people don't understand and are almost offended by.

Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

@11dustyattic wrote:

Lysol - cause the President said so - how clean is that. Robot wink

Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

2. What's something weird you recommend everyone tries at least once

Not weird, but for anyone who hasn't done it, I would recommend you travel as far way from the town or city lights as you can. When night-time comes, build a camp fire and crack a coldie. Then just sit back and look at the stars. There are so many. Several are as they appeared thousands of years ago. If you know where to find fuzzy Andromeda you will be looking at it's image from 2.5 million years ago. And then there are the shooting stars which seem to appear every 5 minutes. It's glorious and breathtaking.

Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

I've seen a black sky - lit with impossible light in Colorado.

A virtual blanket of light - millions of beautiful stars.

No pollution - no city lights - just breathtaking.

Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

1. What is your most unusual talent

if I lay on my back and place a coin on my bare belly I can flip it from heads to tails and back again using only my belly muscles

Spoiler
I once won a bet with a convicted murderer who didnโ€™t believe I could do it
Spoiler
he wasnโ€™t a murderer when I won the bet, that came some years later

Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

Then it very gently snowed.

A double treat for an Aussie.

It's amazing how one can still see the picture in one's mind.

Photographed for all time.

Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

@k1ooo-slr-sales wrote:

if I lay on my back and place a coin on my bare belly I can flip it from heads to tails and back again using only my belly muscles

Spoiler
Spoiler

LOL - pics or you can't do it.

Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

@domino-710 wrote:

@k1ooo-slr-sales wrote:

Spoiler
Spoiler

now you got me wishing I had shown padi when I visited him 2 years ago.

Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

@k1ooo-slr-sales wrote:

@domino-710 wrote:

@k1ooo-slr-sales wrote:

Spoiler
Spoiler

now you got me wishing I had shown padi when I visited him 2 years ago.

Then knowing Padi - we would have had real ' proof '.

Message 10 of 12
Latest reply