Give us this day our daily thread: Greens witch hunt

Firearms violence inquiry an expensive witch hunt

10 April 2015

Taxpayers must be told how many of their dollars were spent on the Senate Inquiry into firearms violence.

A 180-page report into firearms violence, which was held over three different cities and that took close to a year to research, has no major recommendations into assisting public safety.

The Sporting Shooters’ Association of Australia (SSAA) has hit out at the waste in time and public money spent on the Greens’ ideologically based Inquiry that we suspect was nothing more than a witch hunt to further burden the lawful licensed target shooter and hunter.

“We will be issuing a Freedom of Information request to the Federal Parliament to find out exactly what this Inquiry cost the taxpayer,” said SSAA National CEO Tim Bannister.

Early on in the Inquiry it became apparent that the Greens Senate Inquiry Chair Penny Wright was not interested in listening to the evidence presented and had her preconceived prejudices against recreational shooting well and truly in place.

In fact, the majority of the Committee chastised her in the report for speaking to the media even before the Inquiry had finished and making unsubstantiated claims about firearm theft and their misuse.

“The report is astounding in that only one of the Committee members has added their name to the Chair’s recommendations. All other members have dissented and in fact make up the majority, with their own report recommending less red tape for licensed shooters and a study into the social, economic and environmental benefits of hunting across Australia,” Mr Bannister said.

“While the report was a waste of resources, we are pleased that finally commonsense is prevailing and we and Australia’s 800,000 licensed firearms holders are being listened to by our nation’s legislators.”

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

ladydeburg
Community Member

One of the best things to come out of the appalling debt and deficit that Ireland found itself in was to get rid of the Green Party, totally.

We can only hope that at the next election Australians will take a leaf out of our Irish brothers and sisters and get rid of this cancerous  pustule of a political obscentiy forever.

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

It must have been pretty  hard thing to do for the Irish, having their favorite colour green.

I have to wonder what colour a roasted greenie is?

Penny Wright sure got a well deserved roasting in the senate 🙂

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

The chipmonk Milne has resigned, she was a failure as a leader and now we will see if the men get the top job after SHY has been vying for that job for years. The sooner they dissappear from the political landscape the better for the country.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

ladydeburg
Community Member

This must be sending a shudder among Labor.

Their mortal enemy, the Greens, whom they wedded with Gillard, will strike at the very heart of Labor's voter base, they will rip and tear their voters away from them like they have been doing for years,  but,  Labor cannot divorce itself from them because they would never win an election without them and their preferences.

Labor has the most to lose as it becomes more and more unattractive, wedded to its ugly union base and unable to divorce it.

With sound leadership, Di Natale may be able to bring the Greens up to around equal representation to Labor over coming elections if he can deliver on what he says and restrain the conflated moral outrage of SHY, Rhiannon and Ludlum, whom were blindsided by the swift leadership change and are not happy. The secretive Greens meetings means we will never know what goes on.

The days of Labor being the main opposition party may be numbered.

In the process, Bill Shorten  has even less time in the job, he surely can't last much longer once Labor's popularity starts being eaten away by the Greens, Bill is on borrowed time and Plibersek too as the inner city lefties see a more attractive alternative in the Greens than union driven Labor led by a union hack.

This is why we are seeing the Labor party lurching to the left, to make itself more appealing than the Green voters, at the expense of the wider Labor base.

Labor are thrashing around wondering what to do so  gay marriage, a pet project of the Greens, looks like a winner to Labor, who'll bet that the Aborigines will become another "pet" project along with the branch stacking inner city ethnic electorates.

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

Not sure what your (or the Shooters Party) point is?

This was an enquiry. It was not a Task Force.

It was enquiry into the whether the laws for storage, sale and ownership of guns needed improvement in order to ensure illegal gun possession is minimised.

The enquiry had nothing to do with public safety other than from the perspective of making laws work so that laws regarding gun ownership were tightened up.

There were 9 recommendations. And they all seemed fairly straightforward to me.

And please explain why this is/was a Greens witch hunt?

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply