Has anyone noticed that EASTER has disapeared? PC idiocy!

That is why I have not bought any Easter Eggs this year.

Now I find that I was not the only one that has noticed this.

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/food/eat/federal-mp-questions-why-manufacturers-take-easter-out-of-...

Disgusting what people will do to make an extra dollar. Well, they are not getting mine.

Erica

Message 1 of 27
Latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

imastawka
Honored Contributor

Seriously, Erica?

Eggs and bunnies at Easter are a pagan/heathen tradition

And unless you're Greek - Easter is over for this year

Message 2 of 27
Latest reply

Message 3 of 27
Latest reply

Yep, noticed the small Cadbury are now ' Hunting Eggs ' - no Easter mentioned anywhere.

IMG_20160330_140148.jpg

Message 4 of 27
Latest reply

Really, we all know they are Easter eggs and chocolate bunnies, don't we?

Cadbury said that it is on the back of the packs, just not on the front. Besides, who cares if the MP doesn't buy any? Not me.

His waistline will thank him.

I did notice there were not as many offerings in the shops this year, not a lot to choose from, so I bought chocolate bilby's for the grandies.

Message 5 of 27
Latest reply

Christmas and Easter has long stopped being a religious holidays.  All my life Christmas was about family and giving, now it is just blatant reason to party, overpend and overeat.  My Jewish friends would also have Christmas tree and give each other presents; I imagine Muslims living in Australia would also give their  kids presents just because if they did not the kids would feel left out.  And at Easter when all their friends go on egg hunt they go to.  The retailers do not care why people buy their goods, they just want them to buy.

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Voltaire: “Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities” .
Message 6 of 27
Latest reply

It could be argued that christianity is being slowly eliminated and undermined via the 'politically correct' channels;   'channels' meaning those who have a vested interest in seeing it disappear, not just the holidays either.

I'm no christian because some of what I have seen via that religion leaves me cold and shuddering, however, that does not mean I agree with what is going on.   There are those who are working vigorously to push it (religious freedom) out of democratic countries, which will leave a huge cultural black hole ultimately ... those black holes may very well end up filled with a very different and violent culture that spreads it's savagery and radicalism.

It isn't that christianity doesn't have it's own cruel behaviours, history dictates that right up to now, but I am of the opinion that it is the lesser danger (depending on where one lives and which cults are active).

Easter bunnies, easter buns, easter whatever has become a commercial entity, just like christmas, but it doesn't have to be like that, genuine christians should and could work harder to make it what it should be.

Message 7 of 27
Latest reply

But what on earth does chocolate bunny and eggs has to do with Christianity?  Actually, not so long ago the eggs were not even chocolate but real eggs painted (and in many christian cultures still are) and the  bunny was just an imaginary critter that hid them in the garden for kids to find.  LOL

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Voltaire: “Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities” .
Message 8 of 27
Latest reply

Give me a Carl Faberge egg any day !

Message 9 of 27
Latest reply

Has anyone noticed that EASTER has disapeared ?

And a good job too. With three Sundays off the belt end, you hardly know what day it is. In fact it'll take me until next week to get back on an even keel.

Message 10 of 27
Latest reply