Has anyone watched the closing ceremony?

Rio 2016 has ended, but I was a little disapointed. I expected more colour from Brazil. The costumes were great and so was the dancing and formations, but the light show turned everything to much red and the monotonous drumming made me turn the sound down.

Brazilians are well known for their colourful festivals, music and dancing. I wish they had less light shows and concentrated more on their traditional, colourful costumes.

Well, it's over now. All the sports men and women have performed to their best. It was fun watching the different events, as much as I could while awake. Now the preparations for 2020 can begin once everyone is home again. I hope that I will still be around to watch the Tokyo Olympics.

Hopefully they won't turn the ceremonies into a Pokemon hunt.

Erica

Message 1 of 36
Latest reply
35 REPLIES 35

I haven't seen it yet, hope to catch up. 

And don't forget the Paralympics starts on september 7 .....   I can't wait for that. 

Message 2 of 36
Latest reply

I thought it was a little disappointing it seemed to be all over the shop - the rain I guess spoilt it as well.

Message 3 of 36
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

For the first time ever, I watched none of it.

Didn't seem to interest me, for some reason, this time. 

Maybe next time             who knows............

Daughter has recorded all the gymnastics, so I'll probably watch that at some stage

(except for the French guy)

Message 4 of 36
Latest reply

forget the games ...... but i could watch these ball peeps for hours Woman LOL

the person who invented them deserves a gold medal ...... they crack me up !!

Message 5 of 36
Latest reply

@bright.ton42 wrote:

And don't forget the Paralympics starts on september 7 .....   I can't wait for that. 

Hopefully they can get them all there,stubborn_smiley_by_mirz123-d4bt0te_zps12f1a5a3.gif

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/08/19/sport/paralympics-rio-budget-cuts/

https://www.paralympic.org/news/ipc-presidents-statement-regarding-rio-2016-budget-cuts-paralympic-g...

Message 6 of 36
Latest reply

I only watched the Equestrian events....it is different when you know some of the people involved.

I used to set the video going at night and in the morning I went through it and just kept what I wanted.

I did see some of the gymnastics though....they were wonderful.   If you get a chance watch the Gymnastics Gala...it was fantastic.

All the medal contestants performing for fun, not competition....and it was great fun for them as well as the audience.

Message 7 of 36
Latest reply

i never watch closing ceremonies

i hate goodbyes

Message 8 of 36
Latest reply

@davidc4430 wrote:

i never watch closing ceremonies

i hate goodbyes

Toughen up David it's not real just wait another 4years and you will see it all again.Woman LOL

Message 9 of 36
Latest reply

@lyndal1838 wrote:

I only watched the Equestrian events....it is different when you know some of the people involved.

I used to set the video going at night and in the morning I went through it and just kept what I wanted.

I did see some of the gymnastics though....they were wonderful.   If you get a chance watch the Gymnastics Gala...it was fantastic.

All the medal contestants performing for fun, not competition....and it was great fun for them as well as the audience.

with modern dvd/hard drive recorders with massive hard drives you can record so much more than the old beta tapes, or those fancy vhs tapes with 'long play'

now i have a fancy hard drive recorder apart from the odd sporting event theres bugga all worth recording.

Message 10 of 36
Latest reply