Hi all, long time no post

Hi everyone, been a long time since I popped in here. Good to still see quite a few familiar faces about.

i think the last time I was here was when mum passed away in September last year. It seems like such a long time ago so I thought I'd pop in to give an update on my life.

Since mums passing, my dad has started living life again with the help of his "lady friend". They even went on a cruise to Fiji and my dad wore shorts on the beach. Be aware that I've never, ever seen my dad in shorts.

i am still on workcover due to my elbow injury. At this stage I still can't fully straighten my arm and I'm waiting on the call for the date to have my second surgery. The second surgery will cut through the scar tissue that is stopping me from straightening my arm. But, even after that, the surgeon has told me that the bones are badly damaged and I will end up need a full elbow reconstruction in about 10 years. Who'd of thought tripping over a vacuum cord could do so much damage.

i will also never be able to go back to my cleaning job, so Workcover got me to do a Cert 2 and Cert 3 security course. It was good fun and I'm hoping to get a job in retail security once my security licence comes through.

i am still happily separated from my husband. It's been 295 days since the kids and I moved out. There have been some major rough times but I managed to get through them all and even on the roughest day, I'm so much happier and better off. My two older kids have chosen not to spend time with their dad anymore. They did try, since the separation, but it did not go well.

So the ex and I have done mediation and it was agreed that the older two can chose if, when and how long they want to spend with their dad. If they decide they don't want to see him, they don't have to. Our youngest will continue to spend every second weekend at his dads.

in August, the big battle will happen when we, with our lawyers, have a conciliation conference over the division of property and assets.

Personally, I'm doing great. I'm re discovering myself after being lost for many many years. I'm not walking on egg shells anymore and I'm not a nervous wreck. I'm thriving.

After I'm fully free from him, I'm gonna get a tattoo that says 'Strength is what we gain from the madness we survive'

photo walkingdeadtag_zpsbaca2fdd.jpg
Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

imastawka
Honored Contributor

Gee, you've been through so much in your lifetime and yet you're still upbeat about

a lot of things.

Sorry your arm is not getting any better, and I don't envy you the hard road in the court system that's ahead.

At least the kids are sorted.  Family Court is harder than any other IMO

Keep on thriving, and I wish you the best of luck for any upcoming battles.

Sending good thoughts your way.

Message 2 of 14
Latest reply

waving2.gif

Message 3 of 14
Latest reply

Thanks stawka, I've got a lot to be upbeat about now.

ohh and I forgot to add, last month my sister visited. Her first ever visit to see me (she was never allowed to visit before). Her first time meeting my 6 yr old son. We went to comic con and got photos with Jason Momoa (Kharl Drogo from Game of Thrones). 

Hi Tas

Message 4 of 14
Latest reply

Wow Amy - I was only thinking about you in the past few days and wondering

how you were getting on. Good to hear you sounding happy and looking 

forward to your future with a positive outlook. Battles make us stronger so

keep up the good work and take care of your gorgeous children and yourself.

Heart

Message 5 of 14
Latest reply

Freddie , how are you doing? You went missing from the boards for a while too didn't you. 

My kids ate growing so fast. Oldest is 17 this year, middle one is near 14 and youngest is 6. Life has been a big change for them since the separation but definitely a change for the better

Message 6 of 14
Latest reply

Yes I did Amy, both Mr F and myself have been down the

cancer road - but both doing well now.

OMG your miss is 16 and the little fella 6 where has that time gone Woman Surprised

I also lost my Mum but she was 91yrs - I also lost 3 brothers in a short time.

Pleased to read your Dad was able to move on and enjoy what life he

has left - it was a long and sad haul for your family. I was sad to read about

your Mum but her life would have been miserable and in a way sadly a blessing.

Message 7 of 14
Latest reply

Hi All,

I also have not posted in soooo long. Not sure if anyone would remember me anyway as I wasn't a bigh poster but did enoy coming here for some chats.  I previously spoke about a sea change.  Well  I made my sea change move.  Have been at our new place since November last year, we downsized from a 16 square house to a 46 square house!! go figure.  But the main reason is so that the children and grandchildren will come and stay as often as they like.  Glad to hear your happy in your new life, life is short.  Not a rehearsal.  Hopefully now my life has slowed down I'll have more time to pop in here.   

Message 8 of 14
Latest reply

Shellie is back.

happy-jumping-smiley-emoticon.gif

We can discuss string theory.

(An active research framework in particle physics that attempts to reconcile quantum mechanics and general relativity)

Waves to daydreams. Smiley Happy         Waves to spell also. Certainly remembered. Smiley Happy

image host
Message 9 of 14
Latest reply

Image result for string theory meme
Message 10 of 14
Latest reply