Housework

Cleaning schedule...I'm hopeless,need help

Message 1 of 89
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Housework

One of my other jobs is a cleaner. 2 hours will get  2 bathrooms and kitchen scrubbed, 3 bedrooms & 2 living areas dusted, skirting and window sills done, all floors vacuumed and tiles/hard floors mopped. 

View solution in original post

Message 29 of 89
Latest reply
88 REPLIES 88

Housework

I mean how often do we mop floors? I figure my once every few weeks is very sad??

Message 2 of 89
Latest reply

Housework

I prefer the Quentin Crisp approach to housework.

My wife, on the other hand prefers to get someone else to do it.

Message 3 of 89
Latest reply

Housework

I might be BI then. I like Quentin, but I like your wifes approach too.

Message 4 of 89
Latest reply

Housework

@ten*teeny*tiny*toes wrote:

I mean how often do we mop floors? I figure my once every few weeks is very sad??

It depends on how much traffic you have, the type of floor, if you let people walk around in their outdoor shoes, and how often you sweep them.

https://youtu.be/AmxcmpR1GQA?t=82

Message 5 of 89
Latest reply

Housework

Oh my, don't be too hard on yourself.

In the greater picture if you miss a few weeks, it won't matter.

You have always come here being full of life and joy, in fact I think you lift the spirits of many with your brightness of life.

I think you are are over thinking the cleaning aspects, possibly due to more time on your hands?

image host
Message 6 of 89
Latest reply

Housework

Housework! .......... Wash you mouth! Hate it, and try to avoid it as much as possible.

I did once buy a Shannon Lush book that apparently had a "recipe" to keep your house perfect, but it took too much discipline for me ๐Ÿ˜„

I find expecting visitors is the best method for house cleaning ๐Ÿ˜‹
Message 7 of 89
Latest reply

Housework

Thanks guys. That is the only method that works for me (visitors) run around like a ble **bleep**d fly.

I did just wonder if there was some sort of keep on top of everything regime.

Message 8 of 89
Latest reply

Housework

I have a friend who I refer to as Mrs Neat. She cleans her house top to toe every day.  I used to worry about what she thought when she visits me, but now I don't care.  I figure if she didn't like it she wouldn't come.

Message 9 of 89
Latest reply

Housework

Actually in all seriousness, that book I mentioned was probably pretty good - just not for me.

Message 10 of 89
Latest reply