How many here....................

...................think that homosexuality is a natural sexual orientation?

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
Message 1 of 253
Latest reply
252 REPLIES 252

Re: How many here....................

A sex drive is natural yet a sex drive can be sated without reproduction, so in a way it is the libido that is natural because it can be satisfied in various ways that never results in a child. That in effect says we are all unnatural because according to some our sexual drive should only be satisfied when it results in pregnancy.

And what does it matter in the 21st century anyway no one cares if people have 10 children 2 children 1 child or no children at all. No one is having a child because they want to add to the human race. And if you choose to believe its unnatural do you scrutinize blindness, disability, ivf etc with the same zeal.

Message 191 of 253
Latest reply

In fact para blindness, disability and IVF are unnatural. And yes  I attempt to scrutinize most things with zeal, it is a way to gain more understanding of the world around me 🙂

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
Message 192 of 253
Latest reply

I had a hair dresser that was gay, he said he thinks it runs in families because he had a uncle that never got married and had a pink Fridge 🙂

That is food for thought, does it ???

Message 193 of 253
Latest reply

Fridges, regardless of colour are for food for the body 🙂

I am not aware that there is a homosexual gene I have no idea what causes it but it seems yo be becoming more and more prevalent.

Perhaps Az has hit on the right answer and it is nature's secret weapon against over population

Message 194 of 253
Latest reply

unless i'm missing something -  rabbitearbandicoot

is suggesting the other bloke who makes and sells

pastry is infected with HIV/AIDS and he would not buy

his cakes.

Message 195 of 253
Latest reply

I wonder if anyone has considered the anatomical design that nature has evolved over millions of years?

The human anatomy can be compared to a modern day computer,  the human anatomy also has input and output ports designed to perform specific functions. some of those take the role of input/output ports and some are output ports only designed to output waste only.

In the case of an audio output port on a computer, there may be some who plug an input device (microphone) into an output port (speaker socket) but it would not be the natural  function of the devices and would serve no productive purpose.

There may of course be some who take a delight in inserting objects into orifices not designed to accept said objects.

Perhaps that type of person has not been enlightened about where that type of object should be inserted for a successful coupling 🙂

Message 196 of 253
Latest reply

@poddster wrote:

I wonder if anyone has considered the anatomical design that nature has evolved over millions of years?

The human anatomy can be compared to a modern day computer,  the human anatomy also has input and output ports designed to perform specific functions. some of those take the role of input/output ports and some are output ports only designed to output waste only.

In the case of an audio output port on a computer, there may be some who plug an input device (microphone) into an output port (speaker socket) but it would not be the natural  function of the devices and would serve no productive purpose.

There may of course be some who take a delight in inserting objects into orifices not designed to accept said objects.

Perhaps that type of person has not been enlightened about where that type of object should be inserted for a successful coupling 🙂

a very 'nice' way of putting it.

Message 197 of 253
Latest reply

This is one of the simplest ways to explain that there are genetic and hormonal components to what one is, regarding the question.

http://m.theaustralian.com.au/news/world/homosexuality-is-in-the-genes-say-scientists/story-fnb64oi6...

It is what I said earlier, about eyes; like many things, it is complex and there are many genes involved.

the article (for those who don't do links or can't access it) basically says that there have been studies done where genetic components seem to have been identified in males for homosexuality.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 198 of 253
Latest reply

@poddster wrote:

Computers are man made devices. They do not have any  'natural" functions,

natural: existing in or derived from nature; not made or caused by humankind.

https://www.google.com.au/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=natural%20meaning

Message 199 of 253
Latest reply

Natural:existing in or derived from nature; not made or caused by humankind.

https://www.google.com.au/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=natural%20meaning

Abnormal: deviating from what is normal or usual, typically in a way that is undesirable or worrying.

https://www.google.com.au/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=abnormal

Message 200 of 253
Latest reply