I Wanted Boris Johnson To Die

Actress Miriam Margolyes has sparked outrage by admitting she hoped Boris Johnson would die when he was struck down by coronavirus.

The Harry Potter star, 78, made the shocking comments in a rant on Channel 4 comedy chat show The Last Leg on Friday night. 

It comes just days after the Prime Minister revealed that doctors were preparing to announce his death in case he lost his battle with the virus, as he admitted he was 'a lucky man'.

But in an incredible outburst, Margolyes told viewers: 'I wanted him to die'.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-8303091/Harry-Potter-star-Miriam-Margolyes-admits-want...

What a disgusting old cow!

Message 1 of 59
Latest reply
58 REPLIES 58

For sayng it, or for thinking it?

Message 2 of 59
Latest reply

A lot of disgusting people around, what is so special about this one, dare I ask ?

Message 3 of 59
Latest reply

I've seen her interviewed a few times in the past and she gets off on the shock value of her comments. The Poms love her, but I found her to be foul mouthed and vulgar. However, she seems to be the type of person who doesn't think before she speaks. So I'm inclined to think she probably didn't mean it literally.

Message 4 of 59
Latest reply

@the_great_she_elephant wrote:

For even thinking it,

Why would you wish death on someone that has had no influence whatsoever on your wellbeing, one way or another?

Message 5 of 59
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

I find Miriam Margolyes one of the funniest and drollest female comedians around.

The comments were made on a comedy show.

It was said for effect, obviously.

She said: 'So then I wanted him to get better, which he did do, he did get better. But he didn't get better as a human being. And I really would prefer that. So, we're in the s**t, basically, here.'

Message 6 of 59
Latest reply

@icyfroth wrote:

For even thinking it,

Why would you wish death on someone that has had no influence whatsoever on your wellbeing, one way or another?

If she lives in the country that he is PM of, of course he has influence on her wellbeing.

Message 7 of 59
Latest reply

@sandypebbles wrote:

A lot of disgusting people around, what is so special about this one, dare I ask ?

High profile ppl can make all sorts of disgusting  comments. The thing is, why condemn one, while excusing the other?
Message 8 of 59
Latest reply

@not_for_sale2024 wrote:

I've seen her interviewed a few times in the past and she gets off on the shock value of her comments. The Poms love her, but I found her to be foul mouthed and vulgar. However, she seems to be the type of person who doesn't think before she speaks. So I'm inclined to think she probably didn't mean it literally.

Oh right. Well that's alright then.

Message 9 of 59
Latest reply

@davewil1964 wrote:

@icyfroth wrote:

For even thinking it,

If she lives in the country that he is PM of, of course he has influence on her wellbeing.

But she doesn't.

Message 10 of 59
Latest reply