I log on to ebay using my computer and look at my saved pages and they load very slowly this is due

Hi I hope you can help me.

I log on to ebay using my computer and look at my saved pages and they load very slowly this is due to a lot of third party’s pages being notified.

I have tried deleting cookies and following the info listed in AD Choices as advised on your site.

This also happens when I log on to Gumtree.

Thanks Kim.

Message 1 of 40
Latest reply
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

I log on to ebay using my computer and look at my saved pages and they load very slowly this is due

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Put an ad blocker on you browser.....many posters on the boards have found that cuts down on the ads and speeds things up considerably.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 40
Latest reply

I use adblock plus from google = no ads yeh

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 40
Latest reply
39 REPLIES 39

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Put an ad blocker on you browser.....many posters on the boards have found that cuts down on the ads and speeds things up considerably.

Message 2 of 40
Latest reply

I use adblock plus from google = no ads yeh

Message 3 of 40
Latest reply

what web browser are you using?

Message 4 of 40
Latest reply

I find Gumtree woeful...soooooooooooooooooooo slowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww Tooooooooooooooooooo Loaddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd...................... erghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh   Man Frustrated

It says (long running script) what ever that is....
Even from my iPhone, Its terrible.....

Our computor at work is windows 10 and even on there I found it slow... so I dont know how to fix it.

I would be interested to find a fix-it-solution too...... but I think its just the web page itself somehow Smiley Frustrated

********* *********** *********** ************ ************ *********** ***********
Be Kind To Nurses....
They Stop The Doctors From Killing You.
Message 5 of 40
Latest reply

i would be doing a speed check on your internet connection.

i think sites are moving faster than technology, they are adding so much carp that we dont want (adverts and pop ups) because they know internet speeds are improving. but speeds for many of us are not improving, or are improving very slowly.

DO YOU HEAR ME NBN?

think of it this way, if we were still using dial-up we wouldnt even be able to open 99% of web pages.

so even though we think we have a good web service its not nesecarily up to the job.

i think as NBN is a second rate technology we will allways be playing catch up.

it really is sad they chose to go with a service that has copper in it as copper is like having a huge hose but only getting your water through a pin hole.

Message 6 of 40
Latest reply

@davidc4430 wrote:

it really is sad they chose to go with a service that has copper in it as copper is like having a huge hose but only getting your water through a pin hole.

The NBN is not copper it is fibre optic - the old system was copper.

About the NBN™

The National Broadband Network (NBN™) is rolling out fibre-optic, fixed wireless and satellite infrastructure to replace the existing broadband infrastructure with a faster and more reliable broadband service.

*Boasting download speeds of up to 100 megabits per second (that's four times quicker than the fastest ADSL2+ broadband currently available) the NBN™ is a game changer.

You will find the speed is based on the plan you have in place through your server ie Telstra, Optus etc - I think.

Having had a lot of problems with the NBN in the first instance - it seems it boils down to :

Wireless problems - not the actual NBN.

I am now on the second Router - upgrade - but still lose the connection - intermittently.

No server will guarantee the wireless connection.

I have aslo added an extender in another room to help pick up the connection.

Helps a little but still drops occasionally - making it slow to load pages.

Message 7 of 40
Latest reply

you should read more

yes, they are rolling out fibre optic cable, but for most of us it only goes to a 'node cabinet' up to 1.5 km from your home where it then is connected to your copper phone cable for that last distance.

so, its like having a huge hose bringing your internet to the node cabinet then runing it through a straw to your house.

i suggest you look up whirlpool nbn forums and get educated

Message 8 of 40
Latest reply

Curious.

Do you have the NBN

Message 9 of 40
Latest reply

nope, i have telstra wireless, very expensive very unreliable.

my area went NBN live on the 30th of december 2016.

my service if and when i get it will be "fibre to the node"

as i described.

i have followed the rollout closely from the day (april 26th 2016) when i recieved my notice that the NBN was begining construction in my area.

i signed up for service with an ISP on the 30th of december 2016 30 minutes after recieving notification service was available at my address.

waited 2 weeks with no contact from anyone, called my ISPs help line, they didnt have any idea what was going on.

2 days later recieved an email from my ISP saying service unavailable at my address contract terminated.

contacted my local telstra store, was told if your more than 1km from the node box you may have problems with getting connected.

contacted NBN co, recieved a computer generated email saying my address was requiring further work, no idea what that is.

found whirlpool NBN forums and didcovered i'm one of thousands in the more work required bin. no one has any idea when the further work will happen.

NBN has called my premises NBN ready but cant actually supply NBN to me.

i have an apointment with my local telstra store on monday to see if there is any way i will get NBN in the forseeable future.

Message 10 of 40
Latest reply