I log on to ebay using my computer and look at my saved pages and they load very slowly this is due

Hi I hope you can help me.

I log on to ebay using my computer and look at my saved pages and they load very slowly this is due to a lot of third party’s pages being notified.

I have tried deleting cookies and following the info listed in AD Choices as advised on your site.

This also happens when I log on to Gumtree.

Thanks Kim.

Message 1 of 40
Latest reply
39 REPLIES 39

I log on to ebay using my computer and look at my saved pages and they load very slowly this is due

i just did mine

11mbps download

.87 upload

and i thought i was having a good day re internet.

Message 21 of 40
Latest reply

Mine was done on the PC upstairs.

Message 22 of 40
Latest reply

does you box on the wall have any cable sockets? eithernet in particular where you could plug a laptop in via a cable then run another speed test, just to see what your getting at the wall

Message 23 of 40
Latest reply

Yes it does - but I don't think I have a cable with ethernet & usb - the HP Android only has a usb port..

Otherwise would have to carry the PC downstairs - stick it on the dining table & connect it.

Will check & see if DD has a cable that came with her HP Laptop

Message 24 of 40
Latest reply

the cables are usually yellow or blue and have what look like modular phone plugs on the ends

modems often have one in the box even if you are not going to use it

Message 25 of 40
Latest reply

Yes I do know this.

The new one has white cables with I think yellow & red phone plugs.

The cables that came with the modem - are used -  as the telephone DOT is also connected.

Message 26 of 40
Latest reply

I have 2 ethernet cables.   One is black and the other is clear - go figure.

I have done my speed tests (plural)  One is cable and the other is Wi-fi

Cable results -

speed2.JPG

And on the lappy - Wi-fi results

speedtestwifi.JPG

Big difference in the download speeds.  Don't like the upload speeds on either

I used ookla for the test

http://www.speedtest.net/

I pay $95pm for landline, free Presto TV box and unlimited data.

Message 27 of 40
Latest reply

nbn

Message 28 of 40
Latest reply

wowee!

WOWEE!

i would be happy with half that speed on the cable.

is it ok if i copy those piccys and look at them when i feel sad?

Message 29 of 40
Latest reply

Aw David.  How will looking at those speeds cheer you up?

Needless to say, we don't want the NBN - it'll prob slow us down.

Message 30 of 40
Latest reply