I love a council cleanup!

Went out this morning to buy some vegie seedlings and some colour for the garden. ON the way home noticed someone was chucking out some 50's/60's pots (which I collect and sometimes sell) so picked up 6 of them complete with some beautiful plants in them.

Regretfully had to leave the other 15 or so there cause I couldn't fit them in my car.

They would have sold between $25-$60 each on ebay - I wonder if she realised she could have made an easy $600? 

People throw away the most amazing things...

Message 1 of 34
Latest reply
33 REPLIES 33

Why would she do that?
Message 2 of 34
Latest reply

j*oono
Community Member

I hope we have another council clean up soon.  The study if full of bits and pieces of old computers.  

I love it that people stop and take away things that they can use.

Joono
Message 3 of 34
Latest reply

martini sounds like you got some bargains with the plants.

and yes it is amazing what some people throw out.

Message 4 of 34
Latest reply

we dont' get council pick up here any more... but we do get free tip days but that is no good if you don't have a ute. 

Message 5 of 34
Latest reply

we had one here a few months ago i think they are a great idea.

Message 6 of 34
Latest reply

17 x 12 inch potted beautiful yukka's on the side of the road....worth at least $30 per pot. Now growing very nicely down the side fence 🙂

Message 7 of 34
Latest reply

Good haul, martini.

I put some agaves in pots out on the kerb just before I moved house.It wasn't even pick up week, they all went. I didn't have time to deal with them any other way.

They were the ones that grow really big and cost around $30+ each in a garden centre. The pots were worth nothing.

Our  council won't take e-waste (computer parts, tv's, electrical goods etc) on pick up day. They do have 1 day a year where you can drop it off at the recycling centre for free. Charities that recycle that type of stuff take it.

Message 8 of 34
Latest reply

my council says it is looting and theft to take things left out for council cleanup

photo walkingdeadtag_zpsbaca2fdd.jpg
Message 9 of 34
Latest reply

I once saw two beautiful old Cane chairs out for the council pick up.

I went and knocked on the door and asked if I could have them, the lady and man helped me put them in the car.

Had to have the legs out the window, still have them still love them

Message 10 of 34
Latest reply