I'm sick of the hypocrisy

esayaf
Community Member
Catch and kill another living being with a hook on a line to kill and eat and you're some kind hero
Shoot it and you're the scum of the earth
Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

esayaf
Community Member
Before there is any confusion. I am not endorsing trophy hunting. I fish and I shoot and I believe both are similar. Except when shooting I don't torture the creature for a duration of time before killing it so in my opinion shooting is a better way to get meat
Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

That's if you hunt for your own need. I have friends in upper Pensylvania that hunt for deer and turkeys when the Hunting season is on, but each registered hunter is only allowd a certain amount. Once he has reached his quota, the Hunting season is over for him.

Fishing for fun I can never understand. How can a human inflict pain to a beautiful fish (and fish do feel pain) just to reel it in, take a photo with the fish out of water, kiss it and throw it back into the water.

Such is life. Peole will always find excuses and explanations for whatever they do.

Erica

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

It is the old story want to feel like a man kill some thing.

The guy next door to me told me he tried to kill a frog in his House, I ask WHY, he said because it was in my house.

I said to him well next time you have a vampire man eating frog in your house call me and I will remove it for you, WHY  would you try to batter to death a frog

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

you only have to look at road rage videos on utube to see true insanity.

one person trying to kill another over a minor traffic incident, like get a grip people.

so someone cut you off or some other stupid thing, its a moment in you life, your not injured. just smile and say wow, missed by that much, its ok.

the person who did it in 99% of cases didnt do whatever it was on purpose, let it go.

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

But what about all those "vegetarians" who will only to gladly kill a living thing simply to eat it? To make matters worse its the only known living thing that gives us oxygen to breathe.

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

@esayaf wrote:
Catch and kill another living being with a hook on a line to kill and eat and you're some kind hero
Shoot it and you're the scum of the earth

Really?  I thought you need a permit to fish.  OK you do not need a licence to own a fishing rod but then when did you last hear about somebody committing a crime with sawn off fishing rod?  Or about accidentally killing person with hook while fishing? 

I have no problem with people getting their gun licence and killing their food, provided they do not run around the bush shooting at anything that moves, even when they cannot see what it is.

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Voltaire: โ€œThose Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocitiesโ€ .
Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

esayaf
Community Member
Depending on which state you are in will determine whether one needs the fishing permit.
Not sure at what point I endorsed murder. Which in this country is mainly perpetrated with a knife.
As one can be allowed the right to not be judged a criminal until after an offence has been committed we will never stop any crime whether committed with a firearm or not.
Until we lock up everyone in case they become a criminal we are bound to experience crime.
Message 8 of 8
Latest reply