Inkjet recommendation please?

It's been a long, long time since I've chatted in here and I honestly had to google search to find the Community Spirit board.  Gee they're hiding it well these days! 

Anyway, I need a new inkjet printer/scanner/copier thingy.  The Canon one that I had just carked it, and that's more than OK with me cause it was not my friend at all.  The software it came with - Image Garden - was a nightmare.  I used to have an Epson that I didn't hate, but that was long enough ago that I'm not confident about buying another one.  I can't afford anything too swish, but I do understand that there's no point buying the $50 at the chain store, cause it will only work for 4 minutes (and the software will probably suck, too).

Have you got one you don't hate that has non-nightmareish software?  I don't actually need it to print photos, I tend to go to the store to have those done anyway.  I do need reasonable colour printing though.

Talk to me, I'm desperate!

🙂

Em x

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Inkjet recommendation please?

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Despite what you say about Canon, we bought a Canon 5200 on impulse for $75 from Hardly Normal a few years ago.  The only regret I have is not looking around before buying as it was a few $$ cheaper at Officeworks.

It does everything we want and the quality is fine for our needs.

The first printer I had was an Epson and it was fantastic.  The only reason I got rid of it was that it was large and cumbersome and the inks were hard to get.

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

Thanks Lyndal.  My only issue with it was the software, everything else was fine 😕

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

esayaf
Community Member
Only inkjet I've ever been near is from Squids.
Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

I bought a HP 1510 for $29 from Harvey Norman about a year or so ago. Tbh with you it is the most reliable printer i have ever had. Ink refills are about 45 from big w (that's the tri color and black in the same pack) I highly recommend it 😃
Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

I bought an HP Envy wifi for $70 from the post office just this week.  I'm really pleased with it so far.  It was super easy to set up with the PC, laptop and iPads (I haven't tried my phone yet).  OH (who is about the most incompetent computer user there is) had to scan & email something yesterday. Even he found it easy peasy to use.

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

HP it is then.  Thanks everyone!

🙂

Em x

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

I have a $45 black laser printer.  Got another brand for the kids to use for $27

it has been great and lasting for ages

the salesman told me to buy a cheap printer for general printing use and take any photos for printing to a

store as it was easier, better quality and cheaper,

he told me expensive printers and ink are a ripoff and not to bother with a fancy printer

i would look at a cheap black laser printer or cheap colour laser printer

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply