Judge Judy Sued

Judge Judy might just get a taste of her own medicine.

Judge Judy will now have to stand on the defendant's side of the table to be judged.

Judge Judy Sheindlin is being sued for allegedly buying $500,000 worth of fine china dinnerware for a bargain price of $50,000.

Judge Judy calls the lawsuit "frivolous".

Patric Jones filed a lawsuit claiming that her former husband Randy Douthit, who is a producer of the Judge Judy television show, sold their expensive Christofle Mary Bone China to Judge Judy at one-tenth of the value.

Jones claims that the dinnerware was sold for $50,000, although Jones said it is worth $514,421.14.

The couple has divorced. Jones claims that her former husband sold the communal property items without her consent.

Because the sale was made without consent, Jones claims that Sheindlin must return the items or pay the rest of what she thinks its worth.

"I do not owe a penny to this lady," Judge Scheindlin said.

"If this woman would have spent her time more productively in trying to find a job, instead of abusing the court system with frivolous lawsuits, we'd all be much better," she added.

Message 1 of 25
Latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Judge Judy Sued

It sounds like a beat up.   She bought them in good faith from her producer so how

can she be implicated?  If we buy something on ebay and then the seller's husband/wife

aunt/granny comes back at us saying it was worth much more are we at fault?  ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 3 of 25
Latest reply

Judge Judy Sued

Judge Judy use to make one of my kids cry.... 

Message 4 of 25
Latest reply

Judge Judy Sued

j*oono
Community Member

The woman didn't exactly have a win.  I do like the end of the story.

But making sure his ex did not win the war of the chinaware, he said: 'I agree with [my ex] that as community property she is entitled to half their value.  

'She herself has valued them at more than $500,000. I do not want them and she is certainly welcome to have them as that is what she says she wants.

'When I get the cashier's check for $250,000, I will deliver them to her.'

Instead of going for Judge Judy she would have been better of taking half of the $50,000 from her ex.

Joono
Message 5 of 25
Latest reply

Judge Judy Sued

I love judge judy:-D

She's my God. 

Message 6 of 25
Latest reply

Judge Judy Sued

I love Judge Judy too.... 

I like to think that making my kids watch half an hour of Judge Judy instead of play school was a good thing... ]:)

Message 7 of 25
Latest reply

Judge Judy Sued

I love judge judy:-D

She's my God. 

Me too, its the funnies show on TV

Its hard to believe some look so normal until they speak

Message 8 of 25
Latest reply

Judge Judy Sued

Whats wrong with the world is-- folks owning dinnerware

worth half a million dollars and others go hungry........Richo.

Message 9 of 25
Latest reply

Judge Judy Sued

she was probably on abbotts shortlist to head up the attorney generals department, or sit on the supreme court bench before this ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 10 of 25
Latest reply