Just about broke a tooth

martinw-48
Community Member
My girlfriend wanted KFC for Tea.

I'm not a huge fan of it but it's something different.

We're both type two diabetics so get coleslaw instead of the chips.

Just put a fork full of coleslaw in my mouth, started chewing and bang hit a real hard bit.
Spat it out into my hand and it was a little aluminium rivet head but as I went to show my girlfriend I dropped it down the side of the armchair.

I've been trying to find it in the recess under the seat cushion but I've found some stuff including twenty five cents but can't find the offending object.

Now no-one's going to believe me

Years ago I had a meal of crumbed Calamari and there was a crumbed piece of a broken glass bowl in with my Calamari

Has anyone here had a similar incident
Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Just about broke a tooth

@martinw-48 wrote:
My girlfriend wanted KFC for Tea.

I'm not a huge fan of it but it's something different.

We're both type two diabetics so get coleslaw instead of the chips.

Just put a fork full of coleslaw in my mouth, started chewing and bang hit a real hard bit.
Spat it out into my hand and it was a little aluminium rivet head but as I went to show my girlfriend I dropped it down the side of the armchair.

I've been trying to find it in the recess under the seat cushion but I've found some stuff including twenty five cents but can't find the offending object.

Now no-one's going to believe me

Years ago I had a meal of crumbed Calamari and there was a crumbed piece of a broken glass bowl in with my Calamari

Has anyone here had a similar incident

You are a real hard luck case, Martin.

Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

Just about broke a tooth

I have found small pieces of metal or plastic in foods eating out over the years.

Most places have been good with how they handled it.

image host
Message 3 of 13
Latest reply

Just about broke a tooth

@kopenhagen5 wrote:

I have found small pieces of metal or plastic in foods eating out over the years.

Simple solution.

Prepare your own food.

Eat at home.

Message 4 of 13
Latest reply

Just about broke a tooth

martinw-48
Community Member
Kopes, I can't do anything about it now.
Can't find the rivet.

At least I didn't hurt myself.

Many years ago a friend of mine worked at Smythes lollies, they make Christmas mix.

They imported peanut brittle and a whole carton of it was no good due to metal from the wire brushes that peeled the peanuts having come off and ended up in the product.
I got the whole box given to me and ate it all over a year. Just had to smash it up and suck it until you got the metal out.
Some blocks had no metal at all and you could see it when it did have, so you knew to be careful
Message 5 of 13
Latest reply

Just about broke a tooth

I read the thread title and was tempted to ask "Yours or someone else's?", ha ha...

๐Ÿ™‚

Message 6 of 13
Latest reply

Just about broke a tooth

@icyfroth wrote:

@kopenhagen5 wrote:

Simple solution.

Prepare your own food.

Eat at home.

Ah but KFC Icy ?  I've rarely had a home cooked chicken meal that tastes like that, rivets or not. I'm drooling at the thought. However sadly I must admit I rarely can eat takeaway because of cholesterol.  Not, fat, but genetic dammit. 

Message 7 of 13
Latest reply

Just about broke a tooth

@bright.ton42 wrote:

@icyfroth wrote:

@kopenhagen5 wrote:

Simple solution.

Prepare your own food.

Eat at home.

Ah but KFC Icy ?  I've rarely had a home cooked chicken meal that tastes like that, rivets or not. I'm drooling at the thought. However sadly I must admit I rarely can eat takeaway because of cholesterol.  Not, fat, but genetic dammit. 

Yeah I know, Bright, lol.

We don't have KFC often, but I do buy the roast chickens from Woolies every cpl of weeks. It's so much easier than roasting your own.

Still, we rarely eat out and I don't buy pre-packaged meals.

Message 8 of 13
Latest reply

Just about broke a tooth

I used to work in a lab in Sydney and occasionally we'd do analysis work for the big supermarket chains re customer complaints. They always involved the generic brands. Contaminants included bits of plastic, rat droppings and in one case rat fur, so one could safely assume the rest of the rat ended up in the product.
Message 9 of 13
Latest reply

Just about broke a tooth

Aren't you a ray of sunshine Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 13
Latest reply