Lest we Forget

AnzacDay.jpg

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
Message 1 of 32
Latest reply
31 REPLIES 31

Lest we Forget

Not so easy to forget our annual indulgence in sentimentality, is it? And still we don't seem to learn our lesson, but continue to send our troops to fight and to die in foreign wars which only concern us because we have military alliance obliglations to countries like the USA and the UK.

These same sorts of military alliance obligations were the match to the fuse, so to speak which started most of the wars in which Australia has been involved.

Learn the lessons of History and study war no more!

Message 2 of 32
Latest reply

Lest we Forget

Match to the fuse which started WW1, was what I meant to say above. But it's the military alliance obligations which dragged us into Afghanistan, Iraq, and Vietnam, too.

When will we ever learn?

Message 3 of 32
Latest reply

Lest we Forget

I'd much rather we forgot.

I'd much rather we all forgot how to load guns and how to pull triggers.

But don't forget those who stay safe at home, making money from the wars they send your sons and daughters and husbands to fight and to die in.

Message 4 of 32
Latest reply

Lest we Forget

Acacia, I appreciate your point of view, but perhaps today is not the day to state it.

Message 5 of 32
Latest reply

Lest we Forget

I would like to pay my respects to the men and women who have served their country.

I am not glorifying war - I am remembering people like my father who had no real say in serving overseas during WW2.

Lest We Forget

photo 214a93fa3a9e326200857a2dbc30e730_zps379416e4.jpg
Message 6 of 32
Latest reply

Lest we Forget

Dawn Service 3.jpg

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
Message 7 of 32
Latest reply

Lest we Forget

cen.jpgPapamoa Dawn Service

Message 8 of 32
Latest reply

Lest we Forget

Maybe you would like to drop by so we can discuss this face to face.

Message 9 of 32
Latest reply

Lest we Forget

anzac.jpg

Message 10 of 32
Latest reply