Let's reverse the debate shall we?

Do you think that illegal entry into Australia should not be allowed?

How would you address that situation?

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
Message 1 of 93
Latest reply
92 REPLIES 92

Do you mean all those people who fly into Australia and overstay their short term visa's? The ones that work for cash in their relatives businesses?

Message 2 of 93
Latest reply

Try reading the OP again 🙂

Buit yes those people who overstay fall into the category too.

So what would you suggest is the way to handle it am*3?

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
Message 3 of 93
Latest reply

I travel on a British pasport. If I absentmindedly let my reentry visa expire while I was overseas, I guess that would make my return  an illegal entry.Smiley Surprised

Message 4 of 93
Latest reply

Yup.

But I doubt that you would be so slack 🙂

Message 5 of 93
Latest reply

I would like to see the govt do a clean out of refugees who spend all their time whining about new refugees. Send them back or throw them on manis, then get a fresh bunch with better, less insular attitudes.
Message 6 of 93
Latest reply

Asylum seekers who arrive in Australia by boat are neither engaging in illegal activity, nor are they immigrants.

The UN Refugee Convention (to which Australia is a signatory) recognises that refugees have a right to enter a country for the purposes of seeking asylum, regardless of how they arrive or whether they hold valid travel or identity documents.

Australian law also permits unauthorised entry into Australia for the purposes of seeking asylum. Asylum seekers do not break any Australian laws simply by arriving on boats or without authorisation.

Australia has a proud history of boat people and other asylum seekers becoming good citizens.

Message 7 of 93
Latest reply

@just_me_karen wrote:
I would like to see the govt do a clean out of refugees who spend all their time whining about new refugees. Send them back or throw them on manis, then get a fresh bunch with better, less insular attitudes.

'wipe your feet shut the door after yourself'

Message 8 of 93
Latest reply

Are you referring to those that came through the proper channels, fought and bled for this country, contributed to the country's welfare and are now Australian citizens after spending 7 years in a displaced persons camp?

No doubt that there a lot of long awaiting refugees in camps at the moment who would agree withe me.

But you seem to favour the illegal invaders who muscled their way in, Is that a Labor thing?

Message 9 of 93
Latest reply

Get rid of visas and passports.Come and go as you please. Didn't need them before. I think I'd be quite happy in Rio or Buenos Aires or Madrid or Paris or......
Message 10 of 93
Latest reply