'Life' for Anzac Day plotter.

Well actually he hasn't got 'life' in the true meaning of the word, he's got a measly five years which, in effect, could see this evil little toerag, walking the streets again at the end of this period. Is your judiciary system as ridiculous as ours ?

http://www.itv.com/news/2015-10-02/british-teenager-sentenced-to-life-over-shocking-anzac-day-plot/

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

I havent read the link, but how does 'life' convert to 5 years?

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

Yes, it certainly is.

You will not heard oh it yet but yesterday afternoon a police civilian officer was shot as he was leaving Parramatta HQ after work.

The shooter was shot by police..

It has been revealed this morning that he was 15 years old and radicalised.

Total tragedy for both families of the victim and gunman.

How is this even possible.😢

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

It's possible because the families of these youths rarely believe their children have been in the wrong.

You remember that young man last year who tried to kill two police officers and luckily ended up being shot dead before he could behead them?

His parents still say he was not at fault, should not have been shot, imply it was a police plot etc because CCTV footage has not been released.

Has anyone else not noticed that not once, not a single time, have they ever expressed regret for the hurt their son did or asked after the officers? And make no mistake, those officers were seriously hurt, not all details have been put in the paper.

No CCTV, well, the ID of the officers has not been released & we all know why-they & their families could end up as targets. So of course they aren't going to show the footage. Would you really show footage to parents where their child is killed anyway?

The muslim community needs to take on some responsibility. Most might be peaceful people but if they just keep saying they don't support it but can 'understand' it, then it won't stop.

Back in 2001 I was teaching and I still recall the twin tower episode in USA. Went into school next morning and some of the older students (boys) had got up on a bench and were doing a bit of cheering, hand pumping etc about it. That comes from the home.

It's going to get worse because it is fashionable and in the news. Where once a youth might have thrown a stone or just verbal abuse, they now have a new action plan mapped out for them, don't they.

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

@jean2579 wrote:

Yes, it certainly is.

You will not heard oh it yet but yesterday afternoon a police civilian officer was shot as he was leaving Parramatta HQ after work.

The shooter was shot by police..

It has been revealed this morning that he was 15 years old and radicalised.

Total tragedy for both families of the victim and gunman.

How is this even possible.😢

We know practically nothing about the shooter, why is that? Is it because he was an Islamist terrorist? and why is it a total tragedy for the shooter? if he killed an officer he deserves no sympathy.

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

A 15-YEAR-OLD British boy who came within days of successfully plotting an Anzac Day parade “massacre” in Melbourne after being radicalized by ISIS has been sentenced to life in jail.

The teenager, from Blackburn in north west England, sat expressionless flanked by his teary parents as Judge John Saunders told Manchester Crown Court the youth remained a significant danger to the community.

“I have given this matter very careful thought because of the consequence so passing a sentence of detention forlife on someone of (boys) age but I have a duty to protect the public,” the judge said. “I have concluded all the evidence that I have that the only proper sentence is one of detention for life.”

He said the boy would face life in jail with a minimum jail term set at five years with his final release to be determined.

Judge Saunders acknowledged some progress had been made in de-radicalising the youth but significant risks remained.

"There is nothing more; but I want nothing more." Christopher Hitchins
Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

He was a 15 year old naturalised Australian, born in Iran  from a Kurdish/Iraqi background . who became radicalised. The attack was politically motivated and he acted alone. What else do you want to know? Another young person swept up in hatred. In my opinion ,adults have a lot to answer for.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-10-03/nsw-police-headquarters-gunman-was-radicalised-youth/6825028

Commissioner Andrew Scipione said police were a long way from establishing a full picture of the gunman but could confirm he was of Iraqi-Kurdish background and born in Iran.

"There is nothing more; but I want nothing more." Christopher Hitchins
Message 7 of 7
Latest reply