Local shops now online ?

Any word on local suburban/town shops now going online to sell their items ?  Am enquiring about shops that generally do not sell online - so a service for local customers

Seems to me with the social distancing restrictions access to online catalogues and even better 3D rendered virtual shops would enable easier purchases of abstract items to do with renewed interest in hobbies and home based pursuits born of now more domestic idle time - mainly small items 

Free delivery by enthusiastic moped couriers ( certified virus free)

Less need to be in town or the suburban cbd  - less chance for covid (or flu)  to strike    

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Local shops now online ?

Wrong board. CS is the place for this

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Local shops now online ?

@davewil1964 wrote:

Yes Mr Moderator 

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Local shops now online ?

@rogespeed wrote:

@davewil1964 wrote:

Yes Mr Moderator 

Post lodged here as is pertinent to commentary relating to a current public health issue - ie how to make acquiring items easier during a pandemic and self-isolation and so enhance public health and reduce mental stress 

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Local shops now online ?

I didn't move it.

But it certainly had nothing to do with Computers and Electronics.

If I was a mod, 90% of your posts would be in limbo.

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

Local shops now online ?

imastawka
Honored Contributor

@rogespeed wrote:

Any word on local suburban/town shops now going online to sell their items ?  Am enquiring about shops that generally do not sell online - so a service for local customers

Seems to me with the social distancing restrictions access to online catalogues and even better 3D rendered virtual shops would enable easier purchases of abstract items to do with renewed interest in hobbies and home based pursuits born of now more domestic idle time - mainly small items 

Free delivery by enthusiastic moped couriers ( certified virus free)

Less need to be in town or the suburban cbd  - less chance for covid (or flu)  to strike    

Why do you insist on people being tested to be certified virus free?

Nearly every thread you state this or words to this effect.

You can be certified virus free  -  and then get the virus in the next five minutes.

So what's the point?

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply