Lume

Yesterday my daughter & I travelled into the city to see an exhibition called Lume. A light show, in part.

It is dedicated to the works of Leonardo Da Vinci.

What an all round genius that man was.

Quite a few of the exhibits were full scale replicas of things he designed.

I thought you might like to see some photos.

We were lucky in that we were there just after opening, when the crowds were not as thick. Even so, in the main hall we missed out on the mattresses, although we did get seats on one of the hard wooden rotundas in the middle.

But... if anyone in Melbourne decides to go there, I can give you a tip. 

There is a cafe area in the main hall, down the back. You can sit in comfort and order a meal or drink and watch it all in comfort. My only suggestion is go with cold drinks or wine. The coffee and 'hot' chocolate were lukewarm at best. Great taste, pity about the temperature though.

Flying machine. Unfortunately Da Vinci envisaged humans doing a lot to help some of these machines move & from what i can make out, flying inventions didn't really take off well till we were virtually out of the equation.

Lume 1.jpg

lume 2.jpg

lume 4.jpg

If you look to the back, just left of centre, that is the cafe area with full screen and view of everything and in fact a few extras on the walls of the cafe!

lume 5 decent.png

And sorry, people, I have already had one warning this week from mods about indecency, so I put him in some bonds as I wasn't willing to risk it on the forum with this one, although I must say no one there at the exhibition was batting an eyelid. 😂

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Lume

It looks stunning!

Leonardo da Vinci was undoubtedly a genius and a visionary, and his drawing and painting and other art is surpassingly beautiful.

I was almost in hysterics with the Bonds. 🎨

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

Lume

Thank you Springy - must have been a wonderful day.

Perhaps David would have preferred a pair of boxer shorts. lol

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply