Mike Baird. I dunno about you...

I have said on these borads before that I thought he was genuine and generally I didn't mind him.

But in the lead up to the NSW campaign, he has stooped to standard Liberal tactics of lying through his teeth.

Take his latest pledge - he is going to create 150,000 new jobs. 150,000!! Out of thin air apparently because nothing he has said actually backs this up. In fact, everything he is planning to do will actually throw more people on the unemployment scrap heap.

So how can any man with morals make a statement that is clearly untrue - that just by electing him, he will be able to create enough jobs to put a 20% dent in the current unemployment figures?

Message 1 of 105
Latest reply
104 REPLIES 104

Take his latest pledge - he is going to create 150,000 new jobs. 150,000..

Yes, I saw that this morning and couldn't find any info on how/where he was  going to create that many new jobs in NSW

$550m to fast track new highway down this way (conditions attached) .... $251m for the nearest hospital to me.... 

Message 2 of 105
Latest reply

@am*3 wrote:

Yes, I saw that this morning and couldn't find any info on how/where he was  going to create that many new jobs in NSW

$550m to fast track new highway down this way (conditions attached) .... $251m for the nearest hospital to me.... 

From his poles and wires deal. He's going to build infrastructure in stages. As interest accrues he will move on to the next project.

Message 3 of 105
Latest reply

@icyfroth wrote:

@am*3 wrote:

From his poles and wires deal. He's going to build infrastructure in stages. As interest accrues he will move on to the next project.

Woman LOL

Message 4 of 105
Latest reply

plenty of jobs in the expanding and new coal mines. Smiley Indifferent

Message 5 of 105
Latest reply

N.S.W has the worst roads in eastern Australia.They'd be better fixing the existing roads than putting in more tolled freeways.
Message 6 of 105
Latest reply

@the*scarlet*pimpernel wrote:

plenty of jobs in the expanding and new coal mines. Smiley Indifferent

Jobs for Aussies though? or 457 visas?

Message 7 of 105
Latest reply

@icyfroth wrote:

@am*3 wrote:

Don't you mean that he is going to sell-off  high income generating establishments so as to build expensive no income generating projects that have a very high maintenance costs. Seems to defy all logic, it only generates a false economy.

it will issue a 99-year lease on 50.4 per cent of its interest in electricity distributors Ausgrid and Endeavour and 100 per cent of the high-voltage transmission business, Transgrid.

Essential Energy, which operates poles and wires in rural NSW, will remain in full public ownership. So it also appears that the tail (National Party) is wagging the dog(Liberal Party)

Message 8 of 105
Latest reply

Not forgetting this.

For starters, the government that Mike Baird leads is currently in tatters after the Independent Commission Against Corruption went through it like a dose of Epsom Salts washed down with Mylanta and prune juice. With twelve Coalition MP’s forced to resign from their positions or move to the cross-bench including a sitting Premier the government Baird leads has proven itself to be perhaps the most corrupt government in the country’s history.

Message 10 of 105
Latest reply