Moderate political discussion thread

Can we please have a place where we can have reasonable, moderate political discussion without players, from both sides, coming in and taking over with their extreme radical opinions that only serve to drive everyone else away.  No name calling, no bringing up previous long dead arguments and no assumptions that your opinion and beliefs are the only correct ones.  In other words adult, reasonable, polite discussion.

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

I'll start.

I make no secret of the fact the I am traditionally a labor voter.  However I am also realist enough to know that we will almost certainly have a Liberal government by the end of the year.
My concern is that there may be such a landslide that there will be no effective debate on any legislation.  It will be the conservative way or the highway.  That worries me.

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

she's a fine person and a good PM . the gonski reforms are neccessary, why do some premiers play politics with something so important. there are so many issues state premiers use to attempt to sabotage good programs. why do that ? you'd think the children in those states important too ? is scoring points for the LNP more important than good outcomes ? it seems they think so.:-)

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply