Monman12

HI Guys,

I'm not sure how much John has been recently posting on this site, but I will make this brief.

John (monman12) passed away this morning at approx 3am from a rare illness, that he had been keeping a secret.

I hope you loved him, or better still loved to hate him (he much preferred that).

Ads

Message 1 of 87
Latest reply
86 REPLIES 86

Re: Monman12

"You seem a bit flippant and allegro for someone who just lost his dad."

I'm new to this and not really sure how to deal with it either.

"Welcome to the forum, but it might be less confusing if you used another i.d."

If I decide to post more on this forum, I will. At this point in time, I was just advising people here of his passing, and being a past admin, and user of forums for many years (not exclusively eBay), I wasn't going to register a new username and announce the death of my father. It was (and is) hard enough right now as it is

"I'm sorry for your loss, but I cannot pretend I ever liked mm12."

I appreciate your condolences. I know from experience he could be a real pain.

When did you meet him?

Ads

Message 61 of 87
Latest reply

I never met him in person; only here on this board.

Message 63 of 87
Latest reply

I didn't know your father Adam, but judging by the outpourings of grief on here, he was an extremely well liked, and a thoroghly decent and respected member.

My sincere condolences to you and your family.

Message 62 of 87
Latest reply

@monman12 wrote:

I'm actually a big Soundgarden fan. Chris Cornell is a great songwriter.

you're welcome to post your favs on tunes, adam

my tastes are extensive. since i got connected to the net.. i rediscovered muszac!

Signatures suck.
Message 64 of 87
Latest reply

tuesman11?

Signatures suck.
Message 65 of 87
Latest reply

RIP Monman, my sincere condolences to his family.

Message 66 of 87
Latest reply

The origin of his username was from back in the day when CRT monitors were what people used with their PC's (back in the 386/486/Pentium era). John was an electrical engineer and could modify very large monitors (which he bought cheaply) to work with IBM and Apple computers. I am still finding all the frequency counters, and older oscilliscopes around the place.

Hence the name "monitor" "man". I'm not entirley sure where the 12 came from, I think it was the default after trying to register 11 times I'd guess.

Ads

Message 67 of 87
Latest reply

RIP John you old B, sorry about the passing of your dad Hugs ((()))

Message 68 of 87
Latest reply

Oh, this is sad news...
Adam, I am very sorry for you and your family's loss.

I always had a great respect for MM12 here on the boards. He helped me once, with a rather *odd* issue I had with electricity.

He may be gone, but he wont be forgotten.

R.I.P John.....

xx Jane

********* *********** *********** ************ ************ *********** ***********
Be Kind To Nurses....
They Stop The Doctors From Killing You.
Message 69 of 87
Latest reply

@monman12 wrote:

The origin of his username was from back in the day when CRT monitors were what people used with their PC's (back in the 386/486/Pentium era). John was an electrical engineer and could modify very large monitors (which he bought cheaply) to work with IBM and Apple computers. I am still finding all the frequency counters, and older oscilliscopes around the place.

Hence the name "monitor" "man". I'm not entirley sure where the 12 came from, I think it was the default after trying to register 11 times I'd guess.

Ads

ah, i didn't know how his name came about

to add to janes post..

he introduced me to automotive twin charger technology [i was still stuck in the single turbo era.. where i thought they still must cut in at a certain rpm range Robot LOL

speaking of that, what will happen to the old man's mini, adam? [he was talking about upgrading, one stage] 

Signatures suck.
Message 70 of 87
Latest reply