Monman12

HI Guys,

I'm not sure how much John has been recently posting on this site, but I will make this brief.

John (monman12) passed away this morning at approx 3am from a rare illness, that he had been keeping a secret.

I hope you loved him, or better still loved to hate him (he much preferred that).

Ads

Message 1 of 87
Latest reply
86 REPLIES 86

Re: Monman12

I'm one who loved to hate him, but I always had a certain fondness for MM and his cynical ways. I wouldn't see his posts for months but post a metaphysical thread and he'd be there putting it down within minutes!

Thanks for letting us know Adam, condolences to you and your family x

Message 71 of 87
Latest reply

@monman12 wrote:

I'm actually a big Soundgarden fan. Chris Cornell is a great songwriter.

Me too.   Wasn't too mpressed wth Audoslave and hs most recent solo stuff. but Euphora Mornng s one of my favourte albums of all tme (for some strange reason the eye on my keyboard has stopped workng, lol) 

MM12's postng style always seemed really cryptc to me.  There was a few tmes your dad and (eye) debated on here. He was always very skeptcal of my posts, and would force me to do more research so (eye) could reply wth at least some semblence of lookng lke (eye) knew what (eye was) talkng about lol... Every forum needs a  Monman12.  He really wll be mssed around ths place.  Deepest sympathes to you and your famly.

Message 72 of 87
Latest reply

I have the original Mini (R50 JCW supercharged) and enjoy it. I remember convincing him to buy it years ago!

As for the latest version he bought brand new, and had a lot of time to enjoy, we are not sure what we will do.

read this

http://m.mini.com.au/MININews/still-flying-around-the-world/

Ads

Message 73 of 87
Latest reply

wow that was really interesting reading..interesting life he lead- Im sure he told some great stories, he sounds pretty funny, and Im always curious to read about engineers/inventors..

I love that 'je ne sais quoi' quote..

thanks for posting that ads- I hope you are enjoying the 'hand-me-down' lol

Message 74 of 87
Latest reply

Sorry to hear this, condolences to you and your family. Your father was a very interesting chap. Thank you for posting the Mini interview.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 75 of 87
Latest reply

He will be terribly missed, his knoweledge and in depth replies were just what was needed on here to counteract the hysterical posts from some.

Message 76 of 87
Latest reply

@monman12 wrote:

I have the original Mini (R50 JCW supercharged) and enjoy it. I remember convincing him to buy it years ago!

As for the latest version he bought brand new, and had a lot of time to enjoy, we are not sure what we will do.

read this

http://m.mini.com.au/MININews/still-flying-around-the-world/

Ads

Thanks for sharing.

Message 77 of 87
Latest reply

Yes thanks for sharing Adam, your dad was a very interesting man. 

Message 78 of 87
Latest reply

Thanks for posting the interesting link Adam.

Even though he left us earlier than expected, he sure lived a full life by the looks of it.

Good on him.

(Some of us boardies had a lunch on Saturday and burned a candle for John (monman) during lunch)

image host
Message 79 of 87
Latest reply

thanks for the link, adam, i found it interesting

i know what you could do! take possession of the JCW and give me your cooper S

[i'm sure i can fit into it Robot LOL

Signatures suck.
Message 80 of 87
Latest reply