Monman12

HI Guys,

I'm not sure how much John has been recently posting on this site, but I will make this brief.

John (monman12) passed away this morning at approx 3am from a rare illness, that he had been keeping a secret.

I hope you loved him, or better still loved to hate him (he much preferred that).

Ads

Message 1 of 87
Latest reply
86 REPLIES 86

Re: Monman12

RIP John but give them heaps.

My condolences Ads

I remember you from way back then. Thanks for letting us know.

Blessed are the cracked, for they are the ones who let in the light.
Message 81 of 87
Latest reply

So sad to hear this news.  Monman and Phil both in the same place...brings a smile to my face

Message 82 of 87
Latest reply

RIP John

"There is nothing more; but I want nothing more." Christopher Hitchins
Message 83 of 87
Latest reply

@jubee5 wrote:

So sad to hear this news.  Monman and Phil both in the same place...brings a smile to my face

Yes it does.

Blessed are the cracked, for they are the ones who let in the light.
Message 84 of 87
Latest reply

@joz*garage wrote:

@monman12 wrote:

The origin of his username was from back in the day when CRT monitors were what people used with their PC's (back in the 386/486/Pentium era). John was an electrical engineer and could modify very large monitors (which he bought cheaply) to work with IBM and Apple computers. I am still finding all the frequency counters, and older oscilliscopes around the place.

Hence the name "monitor" "man". I'm not entirley sure where the 12 came from, I think it was the default after trying to register 11 times I'd guess.

Ads

ah, i didn't know how his name came about

to add to janes post..

he introduced me to automotive twin charger technology [i was still stuck in the single turbo era.. where i thought they still must cut in at a certain rpm range Robot LOL

speaking of that, what will happen to the old man's mini, adam? [he was talking about upgrading, one stage] 

Oh in answer to Joz Re the R50 JCW mini. I bought that for the same price as the trade in that BMW were going to give him ๐Ÿ™‚

immediately afterwards, the centre exhaust mount fractured. Easy MIG fix though

Message 85 of 87
Latest reply

mloreason
Community Member

This is very late but I haven't visited here for a long time. Anyway, I am truly saddened to hear about John. I have often thought about him and it won't be the same without him here. I am sorry for your loss Adam. I know you were very close.

Message 86 of 87
Latest reply

Same for Me, Its been years since I posted here and I was sad to see that John had passed even though we posted against each other many times !

Message 87 of 87
Latest reply