More Aussies adopting greyhounds amid COVID-19 pandemic

go-tazz
Community Member
3 REPLIES 3

i read the posts on the GAPSA facebook page almost every day and have seen a huge increase in questions for adopting

and people who have applied trying to get an approx time frame

i'm really glad im not trying to find a new forever greyt mate this year

looks like i got leroy just in time

i hope we dont see greys going to homes where right now there are people home all day everyday but then this virus gets to the point where they all head off back to work leaving a very lonely greyhound at home alone all day.

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

@davidc4430 wrote:

......i hope we dont see greys going to homes where right now there are people home all day everyday but then this virus gets to the point where they all head off back to work leaving a very lonely greyhound at home alone all day.

I hope that too David.  Here in NZ there was a story on TV last night about all the people adopting pets from the RSPCA in the past few weeks and I couldn't help hoping they are making sure that the forever homes will actually be forever.

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

@davidc4430 wrote:

i hope we dont see greys going to homes where right now there are people home all day everyday but then this virus gets to the point where they all head off back to work leaving a very lonely greyhound at home alone all day.

I can see this happening with a lot of dogs.  And many heading back to the shelters because they bark from loneliness.  

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply