My Good Deed For The Day

Walking back to work from the shops through the carpark. A woman left her trolley at the front of the car while she ducked around the back to open the boot.

Why do ppl back into a car space at the supermarket? Surely you'd park with the boot out for ease of packing away grocery bags?

Anyway.

While she's puttering at the back of the car, the trolley starts rolling, into her bumper bar, bounces off, gathers momentum on the downhill slope, starts rolling toward the next car.

Unchecked, it would have continued bumping and bouncing off cars all down the row.

Fortunately,  Eye See Icy stepped in to save the day! Ta Da!

I caught the trolley just before it hit the next car and held it ( it's wheels wouldn't lock)  until the lady came around from the back of her car.

Yay me!

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

My Good Deed For The Day

ooak3
Community Member

gives you good karma and a great feeling when you can do soething to help others 

my hubby did the grocerie shopping yesterday and came home chuffed because he could give the man behind him a $10 off coupon that we didnt need Smiley Very Happy

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

My Good Deed For The Day

ooak3
Community Member

and well done because its soo upseting to come back to the car and find a new ding you saved that from happening to someone Smiley Very Happy

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

My Good Deed For The Day

ecar3483
Community Member

Yes indeed Yay You! Smiley Happy

I've seen people stand in shopping centre carparks and watch out of control trolleys career off into parked cars and do nothing more than say "OMG!".

Big thumbs up for you. Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

My Good Deed For The Day

I hope the woman thanked you Icy! That was nice of you.

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

My Good Deed For The Day

@justpolls wrote:

I hope the woman thanked you Icy! That was nice of you.

Yes she did , Polls, made me feel good.

Woman Very Happy

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

My Good Deed For The Day

moonflyte
Community Member

Good things come to good people and you're one of them icy.

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

My Good Deed For The Day

@icyfroth wrote:

Why do ppl back into a car space at the supermarket? Surely you'd park with the boot out for ease of packing away grocery bags?

Perhaps they drove through so they can just drive out.

I did that just yesterday when I picked up a 6m lengh of stom water pipe that I place in through the boot before measuring half way and cutting so I could get it all in the car.

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

My Good Deed For The Day

@djlukjilly wrote:

Good things come to good people and you're one of them icy.

Thank you, Jilly. and I think the same of you.

Woman Happy

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

My Good Deed For The Day

Nice one Icy.  Then there are the others that leave their trolley between parked cars.  At the outside parking area at Dural one Sunday afternoon, my mum returned to her car and there was a trolley imprint to her door.   As she was walking to her car she noticed a 4wd leaving next to her car.  Obviously when they reversed out the bull bar nudged the trolley into her car door.   She didn't see the damage until later.

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply