NBN ANYONE?

I don't care who fixes the problems the NBN is having - but I do wish they would get of their collective backsides and do something.

https://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2019-04-23/what-happened-to-superfast-nbn/11037620

Message 1 of 50
Latest reply
49 REPLIES 49

Re: NBN ANYONE?

chameleon so you're saying that you like your NBN service because it's fast.. but that most peolole don't need it to be fast??

I don't think anyone wants to be upgraded to a slower service than they had previously.. maybe that's why so many complain about it

Message 31 of 50
Latest reply

In my opinion, what was supposed to be NBN for almost all homes (operative word being almost) in Australia was never going to work because of the cost and vast distances and remoteness of many homes in this country.

It's not even about political parties really either, it's about technology that had no chance of being uniformly successful that no politician could understand when even the techno-brains behind it (not including politicians) could not come to grips with the true cost and problems it presented which were inevitable.

The result of that now is the "layers" of that technology will ensure that it is guaranteed not to work for the whole country in less than a haphazard way ... wireless, copper, to the node, to the house, satellite and then ultimately hardly working where it is important, not to mention what happens when systems go down and people left without any communications when the systems crash, and crash they do.

It could be argued that the whole idea was brilliant in theory but not in practice because there was not enough time taken for proper research and when that happens, the consequences/results are always dubious at best.

Arguments about the political parties and "who is to blame" are not useful or helpful.  It doesn't address the real cause and effect of the problems that are in the here and now, namely, the NBN and how to fix it (if it can be fixed).

Having stated that though, it looks as though the buffalo in the china shop is here to stay until sanity prevails and it can be fixed.  Meanwhile, millions, if not billions of dollars have been wasted and that won't end anytime soon while time ticks on and it just gets worse unless intelligently addressed (probably not in our lifetime though).

Message 32 of 50
Latest reply

@debra9275 wrote:

chameleon so you're saying that you like your NBN service because it's fast.. but that most peolole don't need it to be fast??

I don't think anyone wants to be upgraded to a slower service than they had previously.. maybe that's why so many complain about it

what he is saying 'i won the NBN lottery and got the gold service, the rest of you should be happy you were in the draw'

and satelites will never be better than a cable.

btw, when satelites become targets for the zillions of bits of space carp spinning about out there they will be useless.

every year there are more 'bits of space debris' getting added to our atmosphere. we have seen whats happened in our oceans, now its happening in space.

how long before a satelite gets hit by something and comes crashing back to earth?

Message 33 of 50
Latest reply

@davidc4430 wrote:

@debra9275 wrote:

what he is saying 'i won the NBN lottery and got the gold service, the rest of you should be happy you were in the draw'

btw, when satelites become targets for the zillions of bits of space carp spinning about out there they will be useless.

every year there are more 'bits of space debris' getting added to our atmosphere. we have seen whats happened in our oceans, now its happening in space.

how long before a satelite gets hit by something and comes crashing back to earth?

A king n his peasants, David lol

Message 34 of 50
Latest reply

@lyhargr_0 wrote:

@davidc4430 wrote:

@debra9275 wrote:

A king n his peasants, David lol

Hopefully this present utterly useless Government won't get the chance to start a satellite system. If they did manage it we  would get the quicker, faster more affordable and sooner bull again. Wow a system launched with a slingshot( Made in china probably), left over parts from NASA, unwanted parts from disused systems, a cost that would probably bankrupt the country, but we would get a satellite that runs on bull**bleep**

Message 35 of 50
Latest reply

Totally agree Tezza, fingers crossed that in a little over 3 weeks they will be gone, not to re appear for a long, long time

Message 36 of 50
Latest reply

@debra9275 wrote:

omg...lol.

Message 37 of 50
Latest reply

Sorry haven't read the thread.

Anyone know if you have cable, do you need to switch to NBN ?

image host
Message 38 of 50
Latest reply

Pretty sure you do Kopes 😞

Message 39 of 50
Latest reply

Gee, they have us by the short n curlies. Smiley Frustrated

image host
Message 40 of 50
Latest reply