NBN, Pulling my hair out

Hope someone can give me a bit of advice. On 10th November we moved into our new place where I was delighted to find out from TPG (our internet provider) that the address was NBN ready and they could do a phone/internet bundle. TPG arranged for a contractor to come out and put the box/wiring inside the house. This was done within 10 days. However, the contractor couldn't get the service to connect. He showed me why. The wire hanging from the telegraph pole was ours. NBN had marked it off as being fully wired.

Just before Christmas the team of contractors came out and brought the wires overhead from the pole to our house and attached wires to the NBN box. He said to me you are right to go. I rang TPG to tell them the work had been done (even NBN didn't know the contractor was coming out) and could they get things going for us. They contacted NBN who said there was a network shortfall and a technician is required to look at it.  TPG phone NBN daily for updates and they still can't give a date as to when the problem will be fixed. I have phoned NBN myself and been told the same thing.

Phoning NBN is useless as it is only a call centre. Can anyone suggest someone I could contact to get something done. It is a big NBN stuff up from the start and I am sick of paying big bucks for mobile broadband.

Message 1 of 45
Latest reply
44 REPLIES 44

Re: NBN, Pulling my hair out

Corgi, the best thing you can do is make a noise, male it LOUD and CONSTANT, that usually gets results ๐Ÿ™‚

The telecom ombudsman is a good start and the yout local member. ๐Ÿ™‚

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
Message 41 of 45
Latest reply

@corgidogz06 wrote:

There are 2 villas in the block. The other villa has underground wiring. When they did the installation in our home they discovered that the wire hanging from the pole (quite visible) was ours which should have been connected to the outside of the house. The work had been marked as completed by the contractor but obviously it wasn't completed.

Just before Christmas a team of contractors came out to attach this 'loose' wire to our house. He took it overhead. I said I thought it was all underground. He said in your case it is easier to run it from the pit, up the pole, across to our house and into the NBN box. Made sense to me. However, I am wondering if this is the cause of our problems now although I wouldn't think it would make any difference whether underground or overhead. I don't care what they do as long as they fix the damn thing.

Is it a new build in a green fields estate?

Did you buy or build?  

It is odd that the other town house has underground connection and yours was overhead.  There are a range of reasons a few have trouble with the activation. Most people have no trouble at all and enjoy the savings.  

Whatever the problem I hope it's sorted soon for you.

Message 42 of 45
Latest reply

Yes, I had thought of the local member, I presume would be the federal member. Also will go to the ombudsman. Thanks.

Message 43 of 45
Latest reply

"The launch of NBN Coโ€™s $2 billion satellite program has been hit by a five-month delay, prompting concerns its orbital birds will not be ready to beam broadband to consumers in time for its mid-2016 deadline."

nษฅยบษพ

Message 44 of 45
Latest reply

Well, would you believe I have just had my phone/internet connected by NBN yesterday. Only took 3 months. Ended up going to my local federal minister who got things rolling. Thanks everyone for all your help.

Message 45 of 45
Latest reply