Pandemic over soon ...

with another day another 30,000+ cases within NSW the pandemic will surely end soon as they run out of the unvaccinated or will Camberra run out of unvaccinated first ? 

Fortunately the South Africans were correct in evaluating Omicron as being highly infectious but relatively mild - almost effectively the fourth vaccine for those fated to contract 

Message 1 of 156
Latest reply
155 REPLIES 155

Re: Pandemic over soon ...

I nearly sprayed my coffee clean across the room at someone who trolls the internet searching for articles on dangerous and misleading health misinformation written by far right anti-vaxxer wingnuts being called a 'researcher' 

Yeah, so are the auto-bots who auto dial phone numbers hoping to scam people ..... sorrry, they're researching phone numbers 

Message 121 of 156
Latest reply

@springyzone wrote:
In response to 4channel 

I am perfectly willing to read what roger or anyone else has to say, but I am going to be honest here, sometimes I find Roger's posts hard going. I am talking about the actual structure of his sentences, rather than his ideas.

I taught in primary schools for years. I have no trouble wading through pages of text without paragraphs, with incorrect spelling, missing verbs etc. Roger is not like that, but sometimes his posts are a challenge.

As for the pandemic, it will be over when things settle down and when one day, we look back and realise we haven't thought much about covid for a few weeks and although it is still out there, it is no longer dropping people like flies all around us and work and retail and hospitals are all operating relatively normally.

---------------------------------------------------------

I have no problem understanding rogespeed. I know he has his own style of writing but it is to do with emphasis.

Anyway, you and I are at opposites on the efficacy of early stage drug treatment as well as how trustworthy official tests are etc.. However, I do complement you on your intelligent approach to a subject as well as you never resorting to character assassination, bullying, or twisting around someone's words.  Sadly as per chameleon54's previous remarks on the quality of this forum and what it has regressed to, I no longer feel the same motivation to come here and discuss subjects as I once did.

As for my take on what should be the best approach to treating people with the corona virus, I have never advocated anything other than strict medical supervision when dealing with this virus, no matter what stage of treatment,  early  ....  late  etc.. I have always maintained that the dispensing of any drugs for treatment be done via a proper pharmaceutical outlet.

I have always respected the choice of those who feel that vaccination for them is the best route.  I have the same respect for those who feel that vaccination for them is not. The .. .. .. "You must be vaccinated to protect others" has fizzed out  somewhat and the rhetoric has hopped onto another track.  I'm not anti-vaccination either as I believe some vaccines are helpful.

And back to rogespeed. I believe he has evolving views and understanding on what this corona virus can do and what can be done. All of his views are from a perspective where intelligence and willingness to think laterally give support. From what I have seen of your posts over the last few years, I have formed the view that you are without agenda. From what I have seen of rogespeed and his fluidity of thinking, I can say he is also without agenda.

Message 122 of 156
Latest reply

The quality of this forum - the current information available and discussed - is only enhanced by certain bookings in eBali.

What is discussed is relevant current information - not - theories - not by backstreet wantabees - but what is actually going to affect all of us.

Your ' take ' on anything medical - is at best - quisquilia - qumama.

Please don't even try it again.

Message 123 of 156
Latest reply

@4channelW rote:

I no longer feel the same motivation to come here and discuss subjects as I once did.

this, from the poster with a history of not discussing

🤣 🤣 🤣

Message 124 of 156
Latest reply

Hi all

While it might be all fun & social to play the man (or poster(s) in this case) we'd like to remind everyone that the guidelines include: Be respectful. 

This is a public discussion board and the current topic is "Pandemic over soon ..."  There are people who wish to continue discussing this without the intrusion of "I think XXX is right and here is some off topic links to support them" or, conversely, "Your links are all wrong and you should go away."

If anyone has personal differences with any other poster, please start your own thread and "discuss" your points of view there.  Any further posting that can be construed as interpersonal will be removed without warning.

eBay Moderation Team

Message 125 of 156
Latest reply

@kh-stanley1 wrote:

This is a public discussion board and the current topic is "Pandemic over soon ..."  There are people who wish to continue discussing this without the intrusion of "I think XXX is right and here is some off topic links to support them" or, conversely, "Your links are all wrong and you should go away."

any chance of getting off-topic links removed/moderated?

Message 126 of 156
Latest reply

I will say this: that I wish rogespeed were correct in saying the pandemic would soon be over.

As it is, I’m anxiously waiting for the next COVID shoe to drop.

Message 127 of 156
Latest reply

Just thinking about the pandemic and how authorities are working to contain/end it asap.

Not sure how this is working in other states but in Vic, schools are going to be sent RAT kits for every child (and I presume staff?) to test themselves twice a week.

I presume the RAT kits will be taken home. I know in the case of my grandkids, the primary school has sent an email to the parents to say as soon as the kits come in, they will let parents know when to come in and pick them up.

There are apparently 2 types of RAT kits being handed out at the drive through centres; one sort requires testing via saliva ie leaving the test strip in the mouth for a minute or so, while the other is a nasal tester.

I only know this as one of my daughters has had to go through there twice and has been given both types.

I can tell authorities one thing though. Young children absolutely LOATHE the nasal swab test. They won't have it. My young grandson runs screaming and puts up a fight about it. He's 5. He had to be held down for his tests last week. However, he did the saliva test without complaint. My daughter wished she had more of those.

It is very wearing on any parent to have to try doing tests on screaming/angry kids. I realise the saliva swab ones may be less effective (I don't know) but I'd suggest if the government is going to distribute free kits to school kids, they make them saliva tests as that way they are more likely to be used.

Message 128 of 156
Latest reply

Contesssa* I shall consult your excellent ongoing data presentation on post

Vexed Vax Jabs Charted over Time in Database: Don't be k1oooless!

There appears to be a recent downward trend.....

Message 129 of 156
Latest reply

There is indeed.

Brett Sutton said recently something about how sick we all are about this wretched pandemic... let me see if I can find it.

g-investigate.gif

Ah. Here it is.

❝We're all so sick of this bloody pandemic. I wish it were just done & dusted. The Omicron wave is passing but it hit our health services like a freight train and continues to kill too many every day. We must have small, reasonable measures to confront future waves.❞

As we see case numbers and in particular hospital case numbers (including ICU cases) coming down, it is both a relief and a feeling of bracing myself for the next hit. I hope that I'm bracing myself for nothing; it's hard to cope with that feeling of constantly being under pressure, constantly on edge, constantly vigilant, constantly tired of being vigilant, constantly fed up with this changed world wherein we wear masks and don't hug each other...

Message 130 of 156
Latest reply