RIP My Dear Friend From The 90s

TAKE a long hard look at the Internet Explorer logo because it might be the last time you get to see the iconic image

It appears Microsoft has now confirmed long running rumours that it will ditch the browser for its successor, which has been codenamed Project Spartan.

Microsoft’s marketing chief Chris Capossela explained the software maker was currently working on a new name and brand for the browser.

“We’re now researching what the new brand, or the new name, for our browser should be in Windows 10,” he said while speaking at an internal event on Tuesday.

“We’ll continue to have internet Explorer, but we’ll also have a new browser called Project Spartan, which is codenamed Project Spartan. We have to name the thing.”

Wanting to break free from the negative connotations associated with Internet Explorer, the company has been doing market research with Chrome users before settling on a new name.

Capossela said while the company is yet the settle on a name, they have found including Microsoft in the title has increased its appeal.

While the new browser will be the default portal for searching the web, Microsoft has confirmed Internet Explorer will still exist in some versions of Windows 10 for compatibility purposes.

Entire Article Here

Dagnabbit! Another new thing to learn!

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: RIP My Dear Friend From The 90s

go-tazz
Community Member

I haven't used IE for over two years as it had too many problems,(I only use Crome & Firefox).

The worst one being that it doesn't like eBay,stubborn_smiley_by_mirz123-d4bt0te_zps12f1a5a3.gif

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Yeah I use Chrome for Ebay, always have an IE window open if I want to jump into something else.

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Me too it's been years since I have used it. Firefox is my choice.
Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Dagnabbit is right. 

I haven't used IE for at least two years, I'm quite happy with Firefox. but it's good to know IE is there

Using Win 7 I'm not even looking forward to working my way around Win 8 when I have to get it   

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

I haven't used IE for a good many years, jumped over to Firefox which I used for a few years until it decided it didn't like FB so I went to Chrome about 3 yrs ago I think and that's all I use these days.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply