RT Reunion any old members still around ? say hello

yibida
Community Member

Wow been some years from my last visit, this place is a devastated landscape !  so sterile !

I was thinking of back in the day and the great laughs we had and thought of the old posters.

Lot of water gone under the bridge, all the hatchets would be well buried by now.

Are there any left ? am I all that's left ? anyway hello to any of the old guard, cheers Yibs ! 

Message 1 of 296
Latest reply
295 REPLIES 295

Re: RT Reunion any old members still around ? say hello

I noticed Yibs is around  ........................

images - 2021-01-11T065505.871.jpeg

Message 201 of 296
Latest reply

Joz ! I remember a member had another id with the word sock ? something in it, they  must have had both id's open one night and answered / trolled another member with  the wrong id ,  mate everyone cottoned on straight away and did that poster cop it, she is still on the boards and I wont say who it is. Yibs ! LOL  🤣 

Message 202 of 296
Latest reply

@yibida wrote:

Joz ! I remember a member had another id with the word sock ? something in it, they  must have had both id's open one night and answered / trolled another member with  the wrong id ,  mate everyone cottoned on straight away and did that poster cop it, she is still on the boards and I wont say who it is. Yibs ! LOL  🤣 

Sockpuppet?

Signatures suck.
Message 203 of 296
Latest reply

BINGO !  LOL yibs.

Message 204 of 296
Latest reply

@yibida wrote:

They were a plantinum poster.............😆

Message 205 of 296
Latest reply

Hey flashie, I knew you would remember also ! fun days ! ( not at the time thought)  LOL Yibs 😂

Message 206 of 296
Latest reply

images (42).jpeg

Message 207 of 296
Latest reply

Happens a lot with a couple members I have noticed - no participation but kudo to one or two posters, I usually *waves* to who it is then wait.

I just got back from visiting SB - now that is a fun place, and there doesn't seem to be an issue with BP'ers like we can get over here.

I only lurked for about an hour, then home I came where I feel safe LOL

Message 208 of 296
Latest reply

I could lift it! Carrying it (i.e., sustained lifting) would cause pain, but just lifting the thing - pffft, easy. I buy 2 x 5kg sacks of Nicola potatoes from the Farmers' Market several times a year. I have been known to pick up toddlers weighing 10kg or more and cradle them in my arms.

But... yes, I knew about the Botanex site offering the 2 gallon (9 litre) traditional Haws watering can, but it hasn't got the long-reaching spout that the Warley Falls has. Additionally, I did give consideration to just how unpleasant it would be to carry around 10kg of watering can with water. The 4.5 litre one is more within my capability if I want to look reasonably graceful and not incur avoidable pain.

I won't budge on the plastic issue. I am trying to avoid the purchase of plastic items if I possibly can.

I spoke with Haws in the UK, and they've been charming but brutal. No, I can't purchase directly from them and have it posted to me here in Australia. They've recommended waiting until the authorised Australian stockists have more stock - later this year. I don't want to wait!

Ah well, I suppose I shall use my UK forwarding address to make the purchase, but that means I'll need to justify the process and expense by buying other things from UK sellers. Hmm. Now ... what else do I want at the moment...?

Message 209 of 296
Latest reply

The whole idea of surreptitiously voting for oneself leaves a bad taste in the mouth. That sort of behaviour lacks integrity, and it's weird; it's not as though winning one time on the music thread gives one a trophy of pure gold or $500,000 prize money.

No, honest voting is the only way to go. What are we, junta, upsetting the legal and democratic process? Ugh.

Message 210 of 296
Latest reply