Ray Martin Goes In To Bat For KAK

Veteran broadcaster Ray Martin has warned that the debate over Australia’s indigenous community has become so mired in hate- speech baiting and “poor bugger me” posturing it is getting in the way of the far more urgent challenge of stopping the carnage in Aboriginal communities.

Martin’s comments follow an ugly on-air spat on Monday’s episode of Network 10’s Studio 10 program between fellow panellists Yumi Stynes and TV veteran Kerri-Anne Kennerley.

Stynes said Kennerley was “sounding like a racist” after she asked why ­Australia Day protesters weren’t doing more for remote indigenous communities where “babies and five-year-olds are being raped … their mothers are being raped”.

That prompted a massive backlash against Kennerley, including calls from protesters for the Logies Hall of Fme inductee to be sacked. Alice Springs councillor and indigenous leader, Jacinta Price, who publicly defended Kennerley in The Australian on Tuesday was so overwhelmed by social media trolls and abusive posts yesterday that Facebook blocked her account.

She said Stynes had used the oldest and most cowardly trick in the book. Shutting down debate by crying racism.

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/national-affairs/indigenous/ugly-race-debate-gets-in-way-of-helping...

Remember Yumi Stynes? 

The one that, in 2012 ridiculed war veteran Ben Roberts-Smith, saying he should dive to the bottom of the pool to find his brain. Also that he must be a "dud root" because he's so handsome.

Yeah, she's still around getting various gigs on radio and television.

She needs to be shut down!

Message 1 of 17
Latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Re: Ray Martin Goes In To Bat For KAK

Saw the video and Yumi Stynes is sooo out of line. (Don't know her)

KAK was NOT being racist.

Who is this little upstart anyway ?

image host
Message 2 of 17
Latest reply

@kopenhagen5 wrote:

Saw the video and Yumi Stynes is sooo out of line. (Don't know her)

KAK was NOT being racist.

Who is this little upstart anyway ?

DyF29IpVYAENZC3.jpg

Message 3 of 17
Latest reply

Can't stand either of the them. 

I didn't see the current topic but I've seen enough of pushy KAK recently not to want to watch the program as long as she is on it.

Message 4 of 17
Latest reply

Totally agree with you

Message 5 of 17
Latest reply

put them both in the 'jungle' together, that'll be where they belong.

i dont watch much tv but the premise of the 'i was once sort of a celebrity but no one remembers me now' show seems a good venue for these 2.

Message 6 of 17
Latest reply

@davidc4430 wrote:

put them both in the 'jungle' together, that'll be where they belong.

i dont watch much tv but the premise of the 'i was once sort of a celebrity but no one remembers me now' show seems a good venue for these 2.

Good idea!

Message 7 of 17
Latest reply

I don't see anything wrong with changing topic speaking your mind about things that are of concern, the best thing that has come out of this whole stupid fiasco is that the abuse of indigenous is being raised and discussed, there is never enough of that. If the do gooders 5000 of them went to the outback and educated themselves they might actually find something worthwhile marching about.

Photobucket
Message 8 of 17
Latest reply

But KAK wasn't simply 'changing' the topic - she was using an unrelated topic in an attempt  to criticise those suporting the original one.

The sutability of January 26th as our National Day and the incidence of rape and domestic violence in Aboriginal communities are two separate issues - only related insofar as  one is the indirect  result of the event celebrated in the other.

Message 9 of 17
Latest reply

Well she has definitely put some pressure on the percentage of do-gooders that march for a fashionable cause, those that have possibly never even been to an indigenous community. I personally wish for a change of date. I do feel as you said they are related.

Photobucket
Message 10 of 17
Latest reply