Remember when...

So here I am many years later with some memories. 

My first introduction to this board was a clique of people laughing at someone bragging about a red car they had bought. The Wiggles were referenced. Barbies were photographed in degrading and explicit positions, it was soo funny. So that was along time ago right?

I’ll never forget laughing so hard I couldn’t breathe, when someone posted a framed picture of a ultra daggy, very 80s swans on a river,  in pastels, lamenting that this was a gift from their MIL. Posters then proceeded to add a slew of characters in the river, and on the banks, to liven up the picture. Tasfleur put in a cartoon crocodile, and I lost it completely. 

Someone had a kitchen fire, and ebayers banded together to buy her some stuff she needed, and also a bike for a guy named Hunter. 

There was this really funny post that added three words to make a story continue. A crotchety old clever bloke called Monman would get on people’s goat, but he passed away. I remember a poster called Catmioux breaking up with a partner. I hope everyone’s doing ok. 

Things have really changed for me since that time, but it’s great to see some of the old ebayers still here. You probably won’t remember me as I didn’t contribute much but I was beagle7 at the time! Hello to all those who were there back then, and are still here!

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Remember when...

martinw-48
Community Member
I remember some of what you have recalled
Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

Remember when...

I’m guessing 14 years ago?

Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

Remember when...

I remember an evening way back when a gang of CW women gate crashed a Barbi thread on the US eBay site. They tore in to the posters there and were merciless. They were feral-like in their behaviour. I also remember the two sides some of the CW posters had. It used to confuse me how some would spend more time in ebali than on CW, yet they were the ones who would organise a collection if somebody was experiencing hard times. Perhaps what I remember most however was the manic pace on some nights. It was crazy, but certainly not boring.

Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

Remember when...

I vaguely remember the Barbie thread being hilarious. Smiley Very Happy

I also remember participating in a thread at a 'manic pace'. We were trying (fairly successfully) to post ahead of the mods who were manically deleting the posts almost as fast as we were posting them. I went to ebali for a fortnight after that one.

Lots of fun to be had for one and all in those days.

Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

Remember when...

I think I still have an archive of all my posts which the mods pulled, because they would send an email quoting those posts in full and telling me that they had been deleted.

How considerate was that? Smiley Wink

Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

Remember when...

quite a few of us ebayers would get together and share lots of laughs and banter at a local cafe called Georges which  has sadly closed its doors.Time and circumstances however change worse luck.

Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

Remember when...

I remember posters going to wyreena? A photo from that place. It was a fun time where there was a lot of caring people sharing. 😀

Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

Remember when...

That sounds 🤣 

and ebali.... is that still a thing? Lol

Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

Remember when...

it was fun wasn’t it? I was mostly spectating, but boy were there some intense convos at times!

Message 10 of 12
Latest reply