Round Table Revisited

And so Lord of the String said unto the peoples, "Go forth anew. Seek a land you can call your own."

The people saw it was good.

So, on the last day the people said their solemn goodbyes and began the long journey to the promised new land.

And so began the new land and its people were joyous!

Welcome, to the Return of the Round Table known as...

"Round Table Revisited" (RTR)
Message 1 of 29,650
Latest reply
29,649 REPLIES 29,649

Re: Round Table Revisited

Hi Nics

Can you get a plain lens in your glasses to overcome the look which is obviously worrying you?

Oh Nics, I read that you had lost Ziggy - too young - too sad - I am so sorry  😢

Off on an entirely different tack - did you watch any of the cricket?  We stayed up and watched it - super result!

Heatwave coming this week - looking to get to around 40! ARRRRRGGGGHHHHH

Will pass it over to you all in the east - aren't we kind 😎

Hope you have a happier week Nics

~~~~~~~ waves to Kopes, Freddie and Bonnie~~~~~~~

Message 29551 of 29,650
Latest reply

Laney I watched the cricket on and off most of night, fabulous result in the end! Geelong ladies had a close win too,  those Demons were on the attack lucky the siren sounded when it did.

My daughter is talking about getting another cat already, I told her let`s mourn the death of Ziggy.. there is plenty of time.

Can`t believe how much my vision has improved. Have a friend having the same op this morning.

byw you can keep that heat..lol

Message 29552 of 29,650
Latest reply

Melting here ......

40 today and 38 for next three days

10 houses lost north of the river not to mention all the native animals  and birds.  Thankfully no lives lost but a few injuries - fires all over the state as well.

Best place is under the sprinklers in the back garden - keeps us cool and the gardens watered lol

I agree with you about getting another cat Nics - in my opinion time is needed to get over the loss of another pet.

Happy bargain hunting tomorrow if that is your 'bag' - not my idea of fun lol

Prepare for the heat - we ARE sending it over but not for a few days Nics

~~~~~~ Stringer waves ~~~~~

Message 29553 of 29,650
Latest reply

Warming up here Laney but nothing to what you guys are experiencing, and this is only the beginning of summer. Not good to read of all the destruction the fires have caused.:-(

What "bag" are you referring to Laney? Still call into a few opp shops but very rarely purchase anything, a few friends volunteer so I go and say hi to them.

If we were to experience so many hot days in a row, water restrictions would start and the first would be to ban sprinklers!

Message 29554 of 29,650
Latest reply

'if that is your 'bag'' is just an expression Nics - meaning if you enjoy doing that - no hidden meaning.

That is coming from someone who just hates shopping of any kind - it has never been my 'bag' 

We have water restrictions here Nics - limited to sprinklers/reticulation two days a week - we are normally adherents to the rules but in this heat - just sometimes - the rules get bent or a little broken!  We can use hand held hoses on the other days as long as they have a nozzle which can be turned off and on so apart from not being turned on and off at the nozzle, sprinklers can be hand held *wink wink wink*

Working tomorrow and the first of the Christmas functions - so early 😞

Hope the eye is good and that you are enjoying your new abode - guess the space is limited for any more purchases Nics lol - saying hello to friends is always good though

Message 29555 of 29,650
Latest reply

Pleased to read the eye OP went well Nic's, my turn Tuesday. Sorry to read

you have lost your pet, my biggest fear with my Bonnie. She is an inside girl

so hopefully old age will be her demise. Nic's if you wanted to PM me your mobile

I could send you some pic's of my kitchen, promise I won't stalk you lol. Laney, wasn't the

cricket amazing? I watched until Head came in, thinking maybe they were done, turned off.  Bonnie

woke me to go outside about an hour later, so back on to watch the end of the game.

Bought myself a black friday gift. Lacome gift pack 100ml La vie est belle perfume, a small 4mil, and

a body lotion. Gosh it's a beautiful scent. Sounds like you have some warm days over your way Laney, 

we have had some mild weather for this time of the year, no AC as yet. Watching golf Adam Scott is 

doing well at this stage.

Message 29556 of 29,650
Latest reply

mtnlane
Community Member

Hi Freddie

All the best for Tuesday - I am sure it will go well.  Is this your first one?

The cricket was fantastic - We thought they were gone for all money but like you, turned on to listen to it later and were so pleased we did!!!!

How old is Bonnie now?  I understand what you are saying about losing her.  It is never easy - I still miss my Lucy and my Poppy (cat) but we don't plan on getting any other pets - who would look after them if something happened to us?

This heat is diabolical - not to mention the fires (18 houses lost now) - but one of the worst things is the media, particularly the ABC, who seem to delight in interviewing those who have lost their houses ..... for what purpose?  

A couple more days of heat and wouldn't you know it, the aircon decided to play up and getting someone in to look at it is near impossible at the moment.

Still, if that is the worst thing in the world to complain about, we are not doing too badly.  So many more folks far worse off in so many ways.

Message 29557 of 29,650
Latest reply

Thanks Laney, the annoying part is we need to travel an hour for the OP. Trying to get it

done locally is a wait which I can't do. Just the right eye for now and 3 months later the

left. My only remaining brother is totally blind with glaucoma + macular, so looking after my

vision is a must. Bonnie is 4yr old, she is such a darling now she has grown up, such good

company and so loving. Bonnie just loves my son and DIL so she has a home with them should

she need rehoming. But i'm told she won't get restaurant ala carte meals like she does here lol.

News footage of the fires in WA are just so sad Laney, my heart breaks for those who have lost

their homes and livelihood. Better move chores to be done enjoy your Sunday.

Message 29558 of 29,650
Latest reply

Gardens all watered.  Settling in for a lazy day here.

It is a bit cooler but perhaps that is because I got soaked doing the watering lol

39 predicted today - some relief in the coming week thankfully. Fires seem to be contained now but it does not bode well for the summer ahead.  Lets hope that those living in more rural areas heed the warning and take appropriate action to clear around their homes.

You won't know yourself when it is done Freddie - think I told Nics how wonderful it is to have clear vision again!  Will be thinking of you on Tuesday!

Bonnie is only a youngster Freddie - she will be around with you for a looooooooong time I am sure - particularly with all that special care you give her.  I do remember when you got her now - such excitement!.  My Lucy was 15 so Bonnie has a few years to go lol.

Forgot to tell you I am not a golf follower so your comment went right over my head lol

~~~~~to Nics - hope you are having a good Sunday~~~~~

Message 29559 of 29,650
Latest reply

Good news and bad news today ........

Fantastic that more hostages have been released - God bless them and well done Joe Biden for your intercessions!

Nine years ago today we lost Phillip Hughes 😞

Italy won the Davis Cup!

Hope tomorrow goes well for you Freddie 🙂

Not quite so hot today thankfully but very noisy thunderstorm last night -  no rain though 😞

Message 29560 of 29,650
Latest reply