Rudd Speech Put US Defence Sec. to Sleep LOL

Quote:

Robert Gates revealed in his memoir that during a 2008 visit to Australia he fell asleep at a dinner held in his honour, as Mr Rudd "began a long soliloquy on the history of Australia". '  end quote

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/breaking-news/rudd-speech-put-us-defence-sec-to-sleep/story-fni0xqi...

and millions sympathise and understand

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Selective quoting?

Mr Gates, who was taking medication for a broken shoulder, "should have taken up Mr Rudd's suggestion... to forget dinner and just go home to bed," Mr Rudd's spokeswoman said in a statement.

"Given the number of pain-killing drugs he was on when he arrived at the Lodge, Mr Rudd thought it was surprising Mr Gates could remember anything from the evening at all," she said

In the memoir, Mr Gates wrote: "I had made it just past World War I when the combined effect of a painkiller, jet lag, and a glass of wine caused me to fall asleep.

"This led to not-so-subtle attempts by my American colleagues at the table to rouse me."

Wow, stunning news about some US dude (FORMER US Defence Sec) falling asleep in 2008.

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

Maybe not stunning, but FUNNY!

Smiley LOL

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

silverfaun
Community Member

He was lucky he was on drugs, most of us had to put up with him straight or sober. One never needed a Mogadon any time Rudd or Wong were droning on.Smiley LOL

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply