SBS Proposes Zaky Mallah's Own Show

A written proposal for the SBS show The Feed, obtained by The Weekend Australian, had been drawn up and filming was scheduled to begin as early as this Wednesday.

SBS managing director Michael Ebeid last night confirmed that the proposal for the show with Mallah was being considered.

“There is a proposal floating around but no filming confirmed yet,” Mr Ebeid said. “And yes I am aware they are throwing around a few ideas.”

Filming of Mallah and his co-star Kim Vuga — who recently starred in SBS’s Go Back to Where You Came From — was due to begin next week.

Under the proposal, the two would have been taken to a mosque, Mallah’s parents’ house, the courthouse in Sydney’s west where a female genital mutilation trial is due to be held and — in the words of producer John MacFarlane — “a restaurant in the eastern suburbs (of Sydney) or inner west, home turf of Green party lefties.”

However Finance Minister Matthias Cormann told Sky News today that he had spoken to Mr Ebeid and “any suggestion there was ever any proposal for Zaky Mallah to have his own show is completely wrong”.

A proposal from a freelance journalist “had not gone through the proper editorial processes of SBS yet in any way, shape or form, so I am very confident based on the comments from SBS managing director Michael Ebeid that this will not go ahead in any way, shape or form,” Senator Cormann said

Entire Article Here

SBS stirring up the public for ratings.

Message 1 of 49
Latest reply
48 REPLIES 48

Why even start a thread on this rubbish when SBS has unequivocally said it is bunkum?

Message 2 of 49
Latest reply

moonflyte
Community Member

Didn't SBS learn anything from the Q&A insult?

Message 3 of 49
Latest reply

@djlukjilly wrote:

Did you not read my comment above before displaying your gullibility?

A freelancer comes up with an idea for a segment on The Feed (not even a whole show) that he is going to put to SBS but doesn't even get to the point of pitching it to the execs before one of the participants runs to News Corp to 'dob' SBS in.

And suddenly the news headline is "SBS to give terrorist own show" appears which gets picked up the The Australian.

The Weekender backtracked pretty quickly when they realised the truth.

Message 4 of 49
Latest reply

Message 5 of 49
Latest reply

@i-need-a-martini wrote:

@djlukjilly wrote:

A freelancer comes up with an idea for a segment on The Feed (not even a whole show) that he is going to put to SBS but doesn't even get to the point of pitching it to the execs before one of the participants runs to News Corp to 'dob' SBS in.

And suddenly the news headline is "SBS to give terrorist own show" appears which gets picked up the The Australian.

Did you not read the above post?

A written proposal for the SBS show The Feed, obtained by The Weekend Australian, had been drawn up and filming was scheduled to begin as early as this Wednesday.

SBS managing director Michael Ebeid last night confirmed that the proposal for the show with Mallah was being considered.

“There is a proposal floating around but no filming confirmed yet,” Mr Ebeid said. “And yes I am aware they are throwing around a few ideas.”

There was a written proposal. It was under consideration.

That on it's own give reason for concern. That it could even be considered. Obviously wiser heads have come and knocked it on the head. For now.

Message 6 of 49
Latest reply

SBS PROPOSES ZAKY MALLAH'S OWN SHOW.

A FREELANCE JOURNALIST PROPOSES TO SBS. A SHOW FEATURING ZAKY MALLAH - THE PROPOSAL IS ULTIMATELY NOT TAKEN UP

Spot the difference.

Message 7 of 49
Latest reply

@the_great_she_elephant wrote:

SBS PROPOSES ZAKY MALLAH'S OWN SHOW.

A FREELANCE JOURNALIST PROPOSES TO SBS. A SHOW FEATURING ZAKY MALLAH - THE PROPOSAL IS ULTIMATELY NOT TAKEN UP

Spot the difference.

but  was under consideration.

Spot the difference.

Message 8 of 49
Latest reply

Spot the difference.

but  was under consideration.

spot the difference.

Easy. there is very little difference. Both are true and In both cases the proposal was NOT TAKEN UP. 

SBS PROPOSES ZAKY MALLAH'S OWN SHOW. is not true.

Message 9 of 49
Latest reply

@i-need-a-martini wrote:

@djlukjilly wrote:

There are some people who can be fooled some of the time,

there are a lot of people that can be fooled a lot of the time

then there are the people who can be fooled all of the time

Message 10 of 49
Latest reply