Save our Sharks

Below is a link to a Greenpeace Petition to try and get the Federal Environment Minister to block 3 more years of this senseless slaughter.

Over 100 sharks have been caught and many killed or found dead on the drum lines under Western Australia’s terrible bait-and-kill policy. Now WA Premier Colin Barnett is trying to extend it until April 2017.Woman Mad

https://www.greenpeace.org.au/action/?cid=67&src=EM1

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Save our Sharks

Signed, B/G.

Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

Save our Sharks

I'll be signing that later tonight Boris
Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

Save our Sharks

Thank you, Boris.  

Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

Save our Sharks

are they going to bait the drum lines through the winter too?

Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

Save our Sharks

@the*scarlet*pimpernel wrote:

are they going to bait the drum lines through the winter too?

this is today but my fingers and toes will be crossed as i'm not that confident this mob will do anything

http://www.theguardian.com/environment/2014/apr/23/shark-cull-to-be-assessed-by-western-australias-e...

Western Australia’s environmental watchdog has said it will assess the state government’s bid to extend its controversial shark-baiting program to three years.

WA’s Environmental Protection Authority previously ruled out assessing the trial of the shark cull, which began in January and is set to end next week, claiming that it posed a negligible risk to shark species. The decision outraged conservationists.

But the EPA will now assess the WA government’s plan to resume the cull on 15 November this year until the end of April 2017, after which the program will be subject to a review.

The agency said it had received nearly 10,000 public comments over the issue, with the majority opposed to the baiting and destroying of sharks.

Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

Save our Sharks

You can't put too much faith in the EPA. I had to deal with them over a matter here a few years ago and they really are just another govt. Dept. who do what the govt. want's them To do
Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

Save our Sharks

signed

Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

Save our Sharks

I've signed it too.  Most sharks hooked are not a danger to anyone and when they check the drum line they are already dead.  I don't get it.

Joono
Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

Save our Sharks

By the way.  Is Buswell still in reha  recovering from his breakdown?

Joono
Message 10 of 12
Latest reply