Should They Be Deported?

107 REPLIES 107

Should They Be Deported?

no

Message 2 of 108
Latest reply

Should They Be Deported?

Should They Be Deported?

Yes, if they don't meet the local requirements or go through the due process required as is by so many wanting to come to Australia.

image host
Message 3 of 108
Latest reply

Should They Be Deported?

cezm
Community Member

We have no compassion - we only want the rich (or au pairs)

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-08-30/significant-investor-visa-review/11450694

Message 4 of 108
Latest reply

Should They Be Deported?

Dutton and the word compassion should NEVER be used in the same sentence

Message 5 of 108
Latest reply

Should They Be Deported?

I think they should stay. 

The husband is working so they are not a 'drain on the welfare system'. 

The township where they live wants them to stay so clearly they have intergrated well.

It seems to me that these are the kind of refugees (in its broadest sense - things are still difficult in Sri Lanka for Tamil people) that the government would want.

And aside from that, I am disgusted with our cold hearted and incompetent government (on so many issues, not just refugees) that maybe for once in their collective tiny minds they might do something good for someone. 

Message 6 of 108
Latest reply

Should They Be Deported?

martinw-48
Community Member
Both of my parents came here by boat.
Pity they aren't in the Mafia.
Just have to give an MP a wad of cash and you can stay.
Just ask Amanda Vanstone
Message 7 of 108
Latest reply

Should They Be Deported?

@kopenhagen5 wrote:

Should They Be Deported?

Yes, if they don't meet the local requirements or go through the due process required as is by so many wanting to come to Australia.

Sky News host Peta Credlin says no one gets to come to Australia illegally on a boat, “run the gauntlet of our legal system”, get knocked back and stay. “If we start bending the rules, we send a message to people smugglers that you just wear down the legal system here, delay long enough to have children in Australia, and therein lies your ticket to stay.” Her remarks come after a plane, late on Thursday night, deporting two Sri Lankans and their children back to their country was forced to land in Darwin due to a court injunction in the latest bid to allow this family to stay. “There is nothing to stop this family returning to Sri Lankan and applying to come, like everyone else, the right way.” “To do otherwise breaches the very fundamentals of our border protection regime that the Coalition has only managed to put back together after the onslaught, by people smugglers, and 50,000 illegal arrivals, during the Rudd-Gillard years.”

https://www.skynews.com.au/details/_6080301092001

Apparently they put in 7 appeals and each one was rejected

Message 8 of 108
Latest reply

Should They Be Deported?

@lyhargr_0 wrote:

Dutton and the word compassion should NEVER be used in the same sentence

and the fact we can treat children like this makes me sick to the stomach

https://10daily.com.au/news/australia/a190830hivcg/waleed-aly-this-is-what-deportation-looks-like-20...

Message 9 of 108
Latest reply

Should They Be Deported?

go-tazz
Community Member

@lyhargr_0 wrote:

www.smh.com.au/politics/federal/tamil-asylum-seeker-children-constantly-crying-on-christmas-island-2...

My head says yes but my heart says no

Might be one of the reasons why they aren't allowed to stay due to possible links and why they chose to come

in the "wrong" way.?

The Tamil family facing deportation by the Australian Government fears persecution because of past family links

to Tamil Tigers.

The Tamil Tigers of Sri Lanka are undoubtedly one of the most organized, effective and brutal terrorist groups in

the world.

They invented the suicide vest and, according to the FBI, are the only terrorist group to have assassinated two

world leaders.

Message 10 of 108
Latest reply