Should polititians forefit their pariamentary pensions?

Should polititians forefit their pariamentary pensions if they leave the economy in worse state then it was when they came to govenment?

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
Message 1 of 55
Latest reply
54 REPLIES 54

I want whatever it is Poddsters drinking

Message 2 of 55
Latest reply

I voted "no".

The job description comes with certain benefits.

If they do a good job whilst in term, they have a higher chance of being elected for another term. If the job they do is perceived as bad, then that will decrease the chance of them (or their entire party) being reelected. That's their incentive to do a "good job".

I think a person has to remember that every body has to start somewhere in a job. If it's a new position, it would be really hard to determine if a person really is capable of performing that job, from the people that employ them to the person themselves.

It's like any job, you get employed/promoted etc, you do your best to fulfill the job requirements.

Some people just aren't very good at that particular job so their contract is generally not renewed, whereas others may be really good at a particular job and their contract is subsequently generally renewed.

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 3 of 55
Latest reply

Should we remove the benefits of those who enter the Defence Forces if they don't go to war, if they lose the war or don't achieve the objectives that were intended?

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 4 of 55
Latest reply

should posters forfeit their postin' privileges, if they leave this board in a worse condition than when they joined it,  is the question 'ere

i know that you believe that wot you say is wot you think that you believe, but that's not wot i think that you believe.    aye.    B-)

Message 5 of 55
Latest reply

When you are a government you can spend a huge amount and can't be sacked. Then you get rewarded for that spending spree top the tune of about 1/2 million yearly for life, in most cases around 30 years. That is $15million per member paid by the people who got srewed.

Justice?

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
Message 6 of 55
Latest reply

should posters forfeit their postin' privileges, if they leave this board in a worse condition than when they joined it,  is the question 'ere

i know that you believe that wot you say is wot you think that you believe, but that's not wot i think that you believe.    aye.    B-)

great idea ๐Ÿ™‚

There shouls be a demerit point for dropping 'h' and 'g'

Message 7 of 55
Latest reply

Walk a mile in a politicians shoes and then see what they are worth;-)

And before folk say they are worthless, I personally wouldn't like there job, but I believe they earn their money. Probably one of the hardest jobs with the most scrutiny.

I voted NO

Message 8 of 55
Latest reply

shouls there be, poddo.  

haha !

Message 9 of 55
Latest reply

Should we remove the benefits of those who enter the Defence Forces if they don't go to war, if they lose the war or don't achieve the objectives that were intended?

In this cas they provide a service.

soldiers lay their life on the line.

In the case of a government squandering taxes or or not protecting taxpayers taxed the are providing a diservice.

Pollies should lay their pension on the line ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 10 of 55
Latest reply