Smokers and smoking, destroying the world

joa_ell
Community Member

soulart2 -

Can I suggest that you start your own thread about your struggles with passive smoking ? 

Heather Crowe : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zRXWjBxCb8

Hese's the topic youv'e been asking for. The number one cause of un natural death in the world is from a legal drug called tobacco. this is pushed to everyone from adults to children by a joint effort between the big tobacco companies and governments of the world. Why?, simple, theres money in it. Money made from the sold product, from taxes paid, and in money saved in retirement benifits governments no longer have to pay because the adict died long before their time. This also fits in with their plans of depopulation. You might have heard of softkill, well, tobacco is right up there at the top of the long list, even more harmfull than aspertaine.

What makes smoking such a major threat is you do not have to be a smoker for this to affect you, ruin your health, or posibilly cause death. In fact, in the last hundred years, more have died from this than all the world's wars, criminal homicides, and accidents combined.

If you know someone who has been affected by this demon in plain sight, post a reply and let us know. Through discussion and reaching out to communites, Lets encourage those we know who currently smoke to give it up. The future of humanity depends on what we do in the here and now. Thanks

Message 1 of 29
Latest reply
28 REPLIES 28

Well done for creating awareness. I agree it's a terrible thing but sometimes there's not a lot you can do when friends & family actually enjoy smoking. Added to that, it's so often a social thing - if other people in their social circle or family smoke, then I suppose it seems harder to give it up.

I once overheard a lady saying it costs her $40k per year to smoke - how terrible is that? I couldn't afford to even if I wanted to 😛
Message 2 of 29
Latest reply

chuk_77
Community Member

some encouragement telling a person they are destroying the world hahahaahh

laugh

Message 3 of 29
Latest reply

Perhaps it is more accurate to say they are destroying their world.

Message 4 of 29
Latest reply

and thats a funny thing about choice. If they want to destroy their world then thats up to them but that is not what the OP is on about

Message 5 of 29
Latest reply

chuk_77
Community Member

In fact, in the last hundred years, more have died from this than all the world's wars, criminal homicides, and accidents combined.

do you have a valid scientific link to this statement? Not a nobody on youtube but an actual valid statistic

Message 6 of 29
Latest reply

Chuck, I really don't want to get involved here because smokers already have it tough enough to quit their habit without the shamers and blamers but this is the World Health Organisation web site.

It says that tobacco kills around 6 million people each year.

http://www.who.int/mediacentre/factsheets/fs339/en/

Joono
Message 7 of 29
Latest reply

@j*oono wrote:

Chuck, I really don't want to get involved here because smokers already have it tough enough to quit their habit without the shamers and blamers but this is the World Health Organisation web site.

It says that tobacco kills around 6 million people each year.

http://www.who.int/mediacentre/factsheets/fs339/en/

i dont doubt for one second that tobacco kills that many. but is that more than all the world wars, murders and accidents? I just wonder where the OP's stats came from.

And I completely agree that there is enough shaming happening without the need for threads like this that stems only from someone trying their hardest to stop smokinhg

Message 8 of 29
Latest reply

@chuk_77 wrote:

and thats a funny thing about choice. If they want to destroy their world then thats up to them but that is not what the OP is on about

I'm sure the OP feels very strongly about the fact that smoking kills so many. Despite whatever arguments might be caused on this thread (hopefully not by you 🙂 ) I think we should try to understand what the OP is on about.

Message 9 of 29
Latest reply

the OP cant see past their own feelings and look at other peoples. This thread shows it. They started up in a support thread for someone trying to stop smoking. How is that showing encouragement. How does someone saying that smokers are destroying the world show encouragement? 

Maybe this person should actually read what is said when others say just how hard it is to stop and how depressed a person can feel when they try and stop. This thread is not helping anyone who is trying to stop smoking

Message 10 of 29
Latest reply