The Killing Season

A bloody retelling of Rudd: The Killing Season set to reignite hostilities

In what is poised to be the most explosive political bloodletting on television since the last Labor leadership spill, Walkley-award-winning journalist Sarah Ferguson is set to reopen hostilities between former PMs Julia Gillard and Kevin Rudd — in a new three-part interview series The Killing Season.

Provocatively named after the period favoured by politicians just before the winter or summer parliamentary breaks — the ABC program (to premiere at 8.30pm, Tuesday, June 9) has been likened to an episode of Game Of Thrones by the woman charged with pinning down and drawing out the brutal details of the Rudd-Gillard leadership overthrows.

The language throughout these new interviews goes to those dramas … lots and lots of people talk of Greek tragedy, blood on the floor, Game Of Thrones, House Of Cards, all those dramas that everybody is watching,” she said, with Rudd and Gillard casting themselves as the heroes in this historical, event television.

“You can’t help it,” Ferguson said, “you have dynamic, strong, intelligent people who are engaged in a fight to the death effectively.”

Setting the bar high, the sometime Four Corners and 7.30 reporter said “the heightened intensity” of the Gillard-Rudd interviews “were at a level that I don’t think I’ve experienced elsewhere.

Despite being criticised for her combative interviewing of treasurer Joe Hockey last year, Ferguson continues to pull no punches here. “(Politicians) can’t win the day over an interview that extends over three days.

Entire Article Here

I wouldn't mind watching that, but I'll be overseas.

Message 1 of 1
Latest reply
0 REPLIES 0