The Life of Pi

Has anyone seen the movie?  I'm hearing good reports

about it and the previews look good. 

I had read the book but it bored me witless and I couldn't imagine a movie -  but am thinking I might go now.  

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

The Life of Pi

I heard it 's suppose to be good however I haven't heard many movies better than the book it portrarys

Message 2 of 15
Latest reply

The Life of Pi

my daughter, having read the book and loved it, is looking forward to seeing the movie. The reviews have been good

Message 3 of 15
Latest reply

The Life of Pi

Comes out ny,

Message 4 of 15
Latest reply

The Life of Pi

I am a little wary of seeing the movie.  I class the book as one of my all time favourite stories, but it is so "out there" I am scared the images the director has in his head will be so different from mine it will ruin the story for me.

Creator of the Most Awesome Thread Topic EVER

The Life of Pi

OK.  I know the book won the Man Booker prize and maybe I just

didn't give it enough attention, I honestly don't know why I didn't like it.  Perhaps I'll give it another go. And I know what you all mean about movies not always doing justice to a book.  

Message 6 of 15
Latest reply

The Life of Pi

I started the book as well, bright, but it didn't engage me, so I gave up.

Can't imagine going to the movie, but the ads look good.

OH and I went to see Skyfall last weekend it was REALLY GOOD! There was lots of destruction, I always feel sorry for the street vendors whose stalls get knocked about during a car chase.

First time I've ever been able to sit throught a James Bond movie, I've always thought them a bit silly.

Craig Daniel is the best Bond ever, IMO.

I'd like to borrow some kids and see Rise of the Guardians, I look the look of it.

Message 7 of 15
Latest reply

The Life of Pi

Hi Icy. :-x

I haven't read the book so have no idea what it's even about except that it seems to be about an Indian boy and a tiger? Is it something like Jungle Book?

I saw Les Mis yesterday and LOVED it, even it Russell Crowe can't sing like Phillip Quast. His acting made up for it IMO. I might even go and see it again. 😉

~ Mon ~
Message 8 of 15
Latest reply

The Life of Pi

Hi 2chappies.  If you really want to know, this is a pretty good analysis of the book.  It is quirky and a bit weird but I (seem to be the only one) love it.

Creator of the Most Awesome Thread Topic EVER

The Life of Pi

Hi Mon :-x

Message 10 of 15
Latest reply