The Official Daily Rant (on Climate Change)

Reposted from Facebook with permission from Steffen Pederson.

"The fact is, Climate change is real! Nobody can argue against that fact. Nobody actually does!

So what's the debate?

'Climate Change Deniers', as alarmists like to call us, are people that believe the climate is what it is. It has changed for 100's of millions of years, it will change for 100's of millions more!

'Climate Change Alarmists' as us deniers like to call them, are people that believe Man is the reason the climate is changing. Man has caused it, Man can stop it!

This is my Rant so this will be based solely on my view and opinion from what I have learned or at least think I have learned.

To me, it doesn't matter who is right or wrong!

Man currently pumps untold amounts of emissions into the air, untold amounts of pollution into our land/air and sea's, and does untold damage through mining, deforestation, urbanisation etc etc.

Whether this affects the climate or not is actually irrelevant. We MUST STOP! We MUST find better ways to fulfil our energy needs and we must find better ways to house and feed our growing populations. We must reduce this man made damage because even the simplest of minds can recognise it cant be good for us. Also, we must make things sustainable. Some of these things take time so time is what we will take.

Again, this in my opinion has nothing to do with climate change but if I am wrong, it's a win win situation. We will not be hurt by changing these things.

Creating a Tax to reduce these things and allowing governments to put this tax back into their general revenue is NOT, and never will be the answer.

If governments were serious in their beliefs of man made climate change and the imminent dangers they believe it imposes, they would simply legislate to reduce and or stop these things.

They do not! Infact, by government logic, the more emissions generated, the more money they make. It is a futile exercise about feeling good. They can look the people in the eye and say 'see, we are doing something about climate change' but the fact is they are not.

The problem is, The climate IS changing. Every dollar we waste trying to stop it, will be a dollar we will not have to spend on the actual damage climate change will cause. Small nations will suffer, sea levels will rise, draughts will be the norm in some places, flooding will be the norm in others. We will not be prepared.

While the battle goes on about who was right and who was wrong, people will die. I believe we can actually learn to live with these changes and relocate and or adapt accordingly. todays cities will be tomorrows farmlands, todays farmlands will be tomorrows cities.

We do need to impose a tarrif of sorts on man.

Not a carbon tax that hits some people here or there or makes business suffer but a small levy that each and every one of us should be prepared to pay.

It is our world. This money should be put into an international climate fund that should be used as the climate changes more and more.

The truth is, we don't know which way the world will change so is hard to plan ahead. This money would be needed more as reactionary measure. western nations could and should be preparing for what we believe will happen through future planning anyway so this money would not be needed by those that can prepare for it themselves.

There are,  however many nations that do not stand a chance against whatever climate change brings. This is where this money will be needed. If the climate doesn't change dramatically for many years, this fund would grow to great proportions. We can help those that cannot help themselves.

I don't know all the answers to this but going on our current path of taxing emissions and putting the taxes into general revenue for me is NOT the answer. we are being played for suckers. My post is not trying to say I have the answers, it is trying to change the current climate debate questions. I have no doubt there are many other who have great ideas about how an ever changing world can be adapted to suit our wants and needs. We are a resilient lot."

I so agree with this post.

Yes, Earth's climate is in natural constant change. We know that.

Human industrial activity is causing a dramatic impact earth's climate and we need to sort what we need to take from earth to sustain ourselves (and there's plenty to go round)  from what is just being gobbled up by insatiable and rapacious profiteers.

back soon.jpg

Message 1 of 122
Latest reply
121 REPLIES 121

ladydeburg
Community Member

Where's Tim Flannery, you know the fraud who panicked all the Labor governments into building billion dollar white elephant  de sal plants because:

"even the rain that will fall into the future will not fill our rivers or dams".

As a consequence of this fools prophesies, no dams were built, dams under construction were stopped and the billion dollar fund Gillard bowed down to the Greens for, to bankroll ideas that could not stand on their own feet, the wind farm, carbon capture and all the other failed projects now lay in ruins.

They are now crying for more money to prop them up.

It's about time a government got to it, did the hard work, got results from direct action because that is the only practical  thing we can do, as human beings, to make our environment better. 

Well done to the Abbott government for doing the practical things that will clean up our environment and ending the bogus carbon tax, shunning EU carbon bank and all the other criminal entities that got rich beyond their wildest dreams (Gore) springs to mind,  but never achieved any results, has nothing to show for all the billions of dollars  wasted.

Now we are subject to the "divestment" fraudsters, the ones who failed to make us bow down to the Left's carbon tax, (even though it achieved nothing) now they want to beggar us by boycotting the very thing that makes us a 1st world country, coal, and all the other companies who are connected to it.

Message 2 of 122
Latest reply

ladydeburg
Community Member

Rain  in NSW and Qld this week. I wonder if our rivers are full, our dams full?? Mr Flannery??????

Message 3 of 122
Latest reply

ladydeburg
Community Member

Maybe all the hysterical “  warmists  ” need a good long visit to slapping therapy Smiley LOL

Message 4 of 122
Latest reply

Who is Steffen Pedersen?

Message 5 of 122
Latest reply

@ladydeburg wrote:

Maybe all the hysterical “  warmists  ” need a good long visit to slapping therapy Smiley LOL

What an odd thing to say.  A young boy recently died and the police are looking into whether his parents took him off insulin and were getting him treated with a Chinese alternative treatment called slapping therapy.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-32545732

What does slapping therapy have to do with climate change and why do you think that realists would seek that treatment?

Joono
Message 6 of 122
Latest reply

@ladydeburg wrote:

I could have told them that it doesn't work. Been married for over 35 years, with a slap-happy wife. Still need insulin!

Message 7 of 122
Latest reply

@ladydeburg wrote:

Where's Tim Flannery, you know the fraud who panicked all the Labor governments into building billion dollar white elephant  de sal plants because:

"even the rain that will fall into the future will not fill our rivers or dams".

I was out shopping this morning and I saw alleged Professor Tim Scammery at the local boat shop. He was checking out a 30 foot boat.Robot LOL 

Message 8 of 122
Latest reply

Was he with alleged Environment Minister,Greg Hunt?
Message 9 of 122
Latest reply

@ladydeburg wrote:

Maybe the head-in-the-sand deniers need a short trip to California.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/2015/04/150406-california-drought-snowpack-map-water-science/

Message 10 of 122
Latest reply