The "anti-christ" is not a person...

It's a movement and it is obvious in nearly all aspects of modern day life... 

Message 1 of 50
Latest reply
49 REPLIES 49

So you say.... but, how do you know???......

(just curious about your post.)

Message 2 of 50
Latest reply

I don't quite understand how an "anti-christ" can even be a person, let alone a movement.  Given that there is so much bloodshed, murder, war, mayhem, nastiness and general ugliness on earth, it could be argued successfully that long before the person of Jesus lived, it was always the same anyway?

Message 3 of 50
Latest reply

ecar3483
Community Member

Nature balances itself. It makes sense that if there is a "church" then there will be an "anti-church".

Night cannot exist without day.

Message 4 of 50
Latest reply

pasta.jpg

Message 5 of 50
Latest reply

I agree with that in principle ecar.   If there are indeed anti-churches though, perhaps that comes about because of the past/present behaviour of some of those institutions which in itself, can be horrendous in terms of cults, sects and even so called 'mainstream' churches that can be seen to behave collectively in ways less than acceptable.

Message 6 of 50
Latest reply

I don't quite understand how an "anti-christ" can even be a person, let alone a movement.

Masih ad-Dajjal (Arabic: الدّجّال‎, literally "The Deceiving Messiah"), is an evil figure in Islamic eschatology. Although not mentioned explicitly in the Quran, some Muslims believe he is to appear pretending to be Allah at a time in the future, before "Yawm al-Qiyamah" (The Day of Resurrection, Judgement Day). He will travel around the globe entering every city except Mecca and Medina obliging people to believe in him as Allah. Then Isa (Jesus) will descend from the sky to the white minaret (commonly held as being in the Umayyad Mosque) east of Damascus (as referred to in hadith), placing his hands on the backs of two angels, at the time of the Fajr (dawn) prayer. This will happen at the time of the Dajjal and Isa (Jesus) will be the one to eventually defeat the Dajjal, killing him with the stick of Moses

Message 7 of 50
Latest reply

In some Christian belief systems of the future, Jesus the Messiah will appear in his Second Coming to Earth to face the emergence of the Antichrist figure, who will be the greatest false messiah in Christianity. Just as Christ is the savior and the ideal model for humanity, his opponent in the end time will be a single figure of concentrated evil, according to Bernard McGinn.[3]

In Islamic eschatology, Masih ad-Dajjal (the False messiah in Islam) is an anti-Messiah figure (similar to the Christian concept of Antichrist), who will appear to deceive humanity before the second coming of "Isa",[4] as Jesus is known by Arabic-speaking Muslims.

In Jewish eschatology, a similar anti-Messiah figure is called Armilus.[5]

Message 8 of 50
Latest reply

To me though, Helen, that's all myth, superstition, story telling around the campfire and pie in the sky belief .... Smiley Happy

That's not to say the religious don't believe it, but personally, I prefer to keep well and truly grounded in reality.

Message 9 of 50
Latest reply

Some would beg to differ

Silent All These Years by Tori Amos

Excuse me but can I be you for a while

My dog won't bite if you sit real still

I got the anti-Christ in the kitchen yellin' at me again

Yeah I can hear that

Been saved again by the garbage truck

I got something to say you know

But nothing comes