7 REPLIES 7

They should go home

Totally agree  ..... If they want to live in Au, they need to leave their probs in another country behind them   .... Nothing to do with Au

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

They should go home

@lyhargr_0 wrote:

Totally agree  ..... If they want to live in Au, they need to leave their probs in another country behind them   .... Nothing to do with Au

The same applies to migrants that come to live here permenantly. If you want to come to Australia where you have the political and religous freedoms we offer, leave your beefs with other minority groups at the border. ( And abide by our laws, not some extremist religous law. )

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

They should go home

My, we are being prejudice today. Our government wants them here, for financial gains. Our teachers begs them to come here so they can have a job. There was no arrests so what harm was done. Let them let off a bit of helium? They were not pulled out of  'primary schools' to attend rallies by their parents. Freedom of speech?  

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

They should go home

@halfgweilo wrote:

My, we are being prejudice today. Our government wants them here, for financial gains. Our teachers begs them to come here so they can have a job. There was no arrests so what harm was done. Let them let off a bit of helium? They were not pulled out of  'primary schools' to attend rallies by their parents. Freedom of speech?  

I think violent protests by foreigners about stuff overseas should be taken overseas. If they feel that strongly, fly over.

Mind you, university students are often at a volatile age.

Just a general note though about foreigners generally. I don't know of any teacher who is 'begging' for them to come here. Certainly not primary school teachers anyway. It can be pretty difficult coping with classes where 3/4 of them don't have English as a first language. And once they have been here 18 months or so, their NAPLAN results count & schools are held accountable if the students are not up to the national average.

Quite a few of the kids from African backgrounds are what i would call broken. Violent, aggressive, seen too much. Not all by any means. But several I taught or know of are now dead or in jail.

Beg for more? I don't think so.

I think the gov't should slow down, let things settle a bit, give services a chance to catch up with the population we already have.

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

They should go home

@halfgweilo wrote:

just 

Prejudice?  Nah, exercising my freedom of speech

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

They should go home

@springyzone wrote:

....... I don't know of any teacher who is 'begging' for them to come here. Certainly not primary school teachers anyway........

I think halfgweilo might have been referring to university students who the Government and Universities indeed do encourage to come over here - often from Hong Kong and other Asian cities - to boost the universities coffers and enable employment of lecturers and teachers.  

Foreign students at primary and secondary schools are quite a different thing and I can imagine teachers would not be 'begging' for them.

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

They should go home

Many thanks to you ambercat. You were 100% right. I was only referring to the Uni teaching staffs. Without the overseas students there would be a noticeable hole in their classes which could lead to many more on the dole queue. After looking at the attached clip I noticed there were more spectators than trouble makers in the group. The media always hype things up anyway. Thanks again and have a nice day.  

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply