Third-wave feminism

What has happened to this movement and ideology? Is it sexist to expect teen girls to behave like ladies and boys like men? Why are some girls picking fights with boys in the school yard, literally pushing and shoving and taunting like "C'mon have a go, you wanna fight" and doing this day after day and if the boy reacts in anyway he is labelled a girl basher, even when it's the girl that throws the first or only punch... And men, why so many feminine men these days? And with movements like MGTOW (Men going their own way), which has spawned in retalliation to thrid-wave feminism,  are we witnessing the destruction of society as we know it? 

Message 1 of 66
Latest reply
65 REPLIES 65

Re: Third-wave feminism

I think it is very sexist to blame unwanted pregnancy on the female alone.

Do men have such lack of control over them selves?, looks like with that attitude women do have to be the stronger sex because men have not come that far from the Cave man.

Message 51 of 66
Latest reply

It's the old "d*mned bleeps and God's police," syndrome.

Message 52 of 66
Latest reply

Well my idea of a father is someone who actually plays that role (of being a father) if a guy impregnated a girl on a one night stand and she never saw him again and aborted the baby can he actually be considered a father? That's why I felt the need to parenthesize there...

I think we can both agree that both parties are equally responsible (for the abortion rate being so high) I agree that both parties are also extremely selfish by agreeing to abort but there are many fathers who are oblivious. I do believe though that feminism has played a significant role in the rise in promiscuity which in turn fuels the abortion industry. IMO.

Why people don't just use the withdrawal method is beyond me. My theory is these things tend to happen when people are under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol therefore rendering their decision making skills virtually non existent.

And the problem with my body my choice is that, by default, it actually lumps the woman with 100% of the responsibility when it comes to unwanted pregnancies.
Message 53 of 66
Latest reply

OMG did you not read the lecture I gave some one on another thread about the with drawal form of contraception, please surely in this day and age you must know that this does not work.

What year were you born, maybe your mum used that system 🙂

Message 54 of 66
Latest reply

Anybody who has casual sex and is not using condom is demented.  AIDS is still  here and syphilis is also coming back.

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Voltaire: “Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities” .
Message 55 of 66
Latest reply

@lionrose.7 wrote:

OMG did you not read the lecture I gave some one on another thread about the with drawal form of contraception, please surely in this day and age you must know that this does not work.

What year were you born, maybe your mum used that system 🙂

Why so condescending?

I didn't say exclusively sheesh... You do realize that  60% of women were using at least 1 form of contraception upon falling pregnant, so clearly something else is needed to prevent unwanted pregnancies, just to be sure. 

Message 56 of 66
Latest reply

@3ksandpj wrote:

And the problem with my body my choice is that, by default, it actually lumps the woman with 100% of the responsibility when it comes to unwanted pregnancies.

Actually, from the many women I know who had an abortion, only one decided to have it despite the father (her partner of 5 years) wanting the baby.  ALL the others were pressured by their partners to get an abortion; some more than others.  But none of the pregnancies were result of casual sex as you seem to be assuming.  One of the women was married and they already had 6 children, and her husband put his foot down. 

But whatever the situation, in the end of the day, it is the woman's body and therefore her choice.  Most often it is a choice of an abortion or to be a single mother.

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Voltaire: “Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities” .
Message 57 of 66
Latest reply

@***super_nova*** wrote:

@3ksandpj wrote:

Actually, from the many women I know who had an abortion, only one decided to have it despite the father (her partner of 5 years) wanting the baby.  ALL the others were pressured by their partners to get an abortion; some more than others.  But none of the pregnancies were result of casual sex as you seem to be assuming.  One of the women was married and they already had 6 children, and her husband put his foot down. 

But whatever the situation, in the end of the day, it is the woman's body and therefore her choice.  Most often it is a choice of an abortion or to be a single mother.

Well I guess it just proves that every case is different.  I have never known a happily married couple to abort a child.  I have never known anyone whose parents have talked them into it.  I mean all I can say to that is wow what supportive liberal parents they must have...

The only abortions I know of (apart from 1 who terminated due to severe birth defects) were all resulted from casual sex... 

So your saying men threaten women to leave if they have the baby?  WT actual F would a woman be doing with a man like that...

Message 58 of 66
Latest reply

@3ksandpj wrote:

@***super_nova*** wrote:

@3ksandpj wrote:

Well I guess it just proves that every case is different.  I have never known a happily married couple to abort a child.  I have never known anyone whose parents have talked them into it.  I mean all I can say to that is wow what supportive liberal parents they must have...

The only abortions I know of (apart from 1 who terminated due to severe birth defects) were all resulted from casual sex... 

So your saying men threaten women to leave if they have the baby?  WT actual F would a woman be doing with a man like that...

I can't imagine most women talking about the fact that they have had an abortion....particularly women in happy relationships.  Why would they talk about it and possibly (probably) face condemnation and disapproval from others.

It is their business and their choice only.

Message 59 of 66
Latest reply

@3ksandpj wrote:

@***super_nova*** wrote:

@3ksandpj wrote:

Nothing to do with happily married, but when you already have a number of children and struggle with skyrocketing interest rates (as it was in those times), you need 2 incomes not another baby.  Well, here you have it, although all my friends considered themselves feminists none were promiscuous.  The unwanted pregnancies happened while they were in relationship, but the men made it clear that they did want to settle down and have a family; while the women did not particularly wanted to be mothers at that time, they would have considered to have the baby if the men stood by them.  I am talking back in the times when I and my friends were in our 20s and 30s. 

Most men are not in particular hurry to have children.  Do you really believe that most women who decide to have an abortion do it against the men's will?  What about all the single mothers?  Do you think they choose to struggle on their own if there was a responsible reliable man wanting to support them?

Message 60 of 66
Latest reply