Toll tag Sydney

I have visitors coming over to see me next year, they will be flying into Sydney and have booked a hire car, can anyone tell me if hire cars come with Toll Tags if they don't how do visitors pay for Toll fees??  

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Toll tag Sydney

yes they do have the tag in the cars.

they will need to go on line and register, and credit card will be debited at a later date.

at least that is what i did last time

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

Toll tag Sydney

Thanks mrgrizz I will let them know.

I was not sure if we had to get in touch with RMS every time they used the toll and give them our tag details and their rego to pay or if there where other options.

Last time we had visitors we met them at the airport and took them back so the toll issued did not come up.

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

Toll tag Sydney

i hate tolls.

we were in melboure and the sat nav was telling us to turn right at a set of lights, that showed a no right turn signal.

so we had to drive further down the road and recaculate the route.

we went through the same toll about 10 times in half a hour.

i was hoping to pay the tolls when returning the hire car, but you can't

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

Toll tag Sydney

check with hire company, last time I hired (in Qld) we had to take our own etoll device or phone and pay ahead or behind.

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

Toll tag Sydney

Electronic passes – for travel on NSW toll roads for up to 30 days

A pass is an arrangement where your number plate is temporarily recorded in the tolling system. Your Licence Plate Number will be photographed at a toll point and matched to your pass. The toll and a video processing fee will be charged to your nominated credit card or bank account.

Passes are available from a variety of providers including the Roads and Maritime Services eMU Pass which allows you to pay for travel on all Sydney toll roads for up to 30 days. All NSW issued passes are only valid for travel on NSW toll roads.

http://www.rms.nsw.gov.au/usingroads/motorwaysandtolling/tolling_tolling.html

photo screen-1-1-1-1.jpg
Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

Toll tag Sydney

My husband just does short trips from brissie airport but goes through 2 tolls, Hertz (hurts) just adds the price onto the car hire cost.
Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

Toll tag Sydney

Abel don't.

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

Toll tag Sydney

Might be best if your guests contact their rental car company before arrival and check if their rental vehicles are registered on the RMS e-toll system (driver invoiced for toll charges direct by RMS).
Message 10 of 10
Latest reply